Ummet Ozcan Genesis Pro - First Look !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Gyro Gearloose, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

This synth is good sounding, looks nice . Have a lot of possibilities, but i am a preset user, but still i will buy it to support his hard work... For one euro you can buy a packet of Orbit gums or something else, which will last far less that this in any case.....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

lol not sure what you're getting at but "way more" than $1 could mean like... 20 bucks

in fact I think kHs One synth was like 18 dollars or something. I'd sooner have that money back.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

Thanks for bringing the good news! :cheers:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

With 8 Filter types vs Omni's 34 ? Not today m8. Perhaps more like Atmosphere without the vast sample library. But i agree of course, buying it is a no brainer. I have still 1.5$ left in my Paypal hehehe. Nicely marketed imho.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

https://www.oz-soft.com/ Is it this?

Btw, I think the 1 € price tag is just a clever PR hype. Because there is no option to buy it. I bet it doesn't even exist yet apart from the promo material and the site :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Even at THIS price, I'll give 100 to 1 odds that someone STILL puts in a request for it on the other site!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  7. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

As it may sound idiotic at first, I would. If there is an online activation that needs an ilok or authorisation or something like that, of course. I am happy for every Vst I bought (as cheap as it may be), and which made it onto the sister site, since I use only these versions despite having them legit. It's simply portable and reduces the amount of time when updating/changing the computer. It's getting more and more difficult and time consuming to handle authorisations and accounts in our time, compared to earlier, when there was only a serial number.
    In fact, by now I try to buy only plugins that are already unlocked, to avoid situations where I have, for instance, to discuss my license with the vendor, just because I got a new Laptop. Not to speak about all those "Software Centers" and license managers which are just a PIA.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

The problem with this marketing strategy is precisely the targets you're referring to. They would likely buy at such a low price because they have 1 euro... but no credit card nor even a bank account. So how they will transfer the 1 euro?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Computer printer manufacturers are near to giving their printers away for free because it's so obvious that they make their profits on the ink cartridges, just like Gillette could give away their shavers because they make their main profit on the blade carts. 1. getting your email address for the download gets him a laaaarge email list (so better to get it here). 2. He will probably offer a paid premium membership to buy packs for it (saying that other companies made them so he has to charge), or maybe a gold or pro plus version that can do irresistable x or y that the free one can't do etc. He looks sincere and speaking from the heart, trying to be of service, maybe it's true, but then so do drug suppliers who give it away free to try to hook you. One thing that doesn't make sense is that it took him so many years (was it 8 years?) to create this. I have my suspicion that in that 'development' time he did a lot of marketing and selling courses to get ideas for this project. Time will tell. But I will defintely wait to get it here, he won't be getting my email address. Don't even use a given download link coz maybe there's tech that can get your email address as you download.

10. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I see and handle the "activation problem" exxxactly the same, brother :mates:

It's a cute little synth and I'll pay my $1 in the pot.
    But every time I see a shiny piece of VST synth wish to have it as hardware synth. It's just more fun for me to play with knobs than with the mouse.
    I deeply regret that I sold my hardware synths a few years ago because I needed the space (and the $$$).

If I remember correctly, it was Rockefeller who was the first to give away oil lamps on a large scale to push the demand for his oil. It definitely works.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  11. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Heh. Just being ironic. Although I kinda think of someone called caveat emptor being all careful like Post Malone, breaking 50k down to dollars for a strip club! (Weird that he doesn't just fling change at the strippers like everyone else!)

Just mainly meant how it navigates, looks - all that menu / layer diving stuff.

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

man I couldn't disagree more, but you do you. with actual licenses there's (nearly) zero worry that something might stop working, or there'll be some copy protection problem when you try to update, or having to wait after the big update comes out or whatever. Hell, a lot of companies have that Arturia/XLN/Izotope type of authorization these days, which I guess a lot of people find intrusive but I don't really give a shit. It saves me from having to download and install updates manually.

I do think it’s really nice to have the security of this stuff being cracked though in case you need to use it in a pinch or the copy protection randomly bones you

Lol fair point. I don’t particularly live up to my moniker these days

Unrelated, if anyone is looking to sell a bridge... :)

13. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

thats brilliant piece of plugin i wanna get :woot::like:

i do have few UZ old presets here and there and they are still fantastic

ummet ozcan is our new boy to support

1 euro ? IM IN :mates:

14. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Ahhh ok, gotcha now. Yeah it is kinda similar so you 're right.
    Supposedly it will available soon enough. We 'll see if it checks out according to what the maker said.

15. Sylenth.Will.Fall

You make a compelling argument

16. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

At least he's telling the true about how long he been working on it. Here is a trailer from 2012 with the same synth. The GUI didn't really change since that video. Maybe for once we'll have a synth fully finish and the first buyer will not be the beta tester :)

17. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Many can not pay digitally, like literally they can not legally obtain a copy, even if they wanted to and it cost 1$.

18. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Another valid reason. Yep another point I hadn't considered!

19. iDjay

iDjay Member

overrated.

20. retroboy

retroboy Producer

The demo made me chuckle.
    After five minutes of gusto, the first patch is a multitimbral glock/synth pad from a DX7 :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List