Ummet Ozcan Genesis Pro - First Look !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Gyro Gearloose, Feb 3, 2020.

1. joem

joem Producer

yea i was suckerd in to the hype with this synth but with it being buggy as hell no 64bit support interface thats strangly simple yet convoluted at the same time and no support and them seeming despirate now calling out to random people for help it seems that this synth is going to be abondonware by the end of the year.

2. bassboy303

bassboy303 Member

It's still shit and 32bit, (oh I'm a poet, and I don't even know it ) even j-bridging it it's crash happy and slow. As they say you can polish a turd all you want, at the end of the day you'll still have a turd. :no:

3. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

i'm not sure if will be abondonware, but it's really bad that it has not been ported to 64 bit native. at least the j-bridged version seems to be working not bad at all, maybe (there are some presets that still being sucking the cpu as hell, but at the average it's not bad)... i think that the best thing that ummet can do is add the entire comunity or developers like matt tytel to fix the issues instead of do it himself

4. Ariel Gonzalez

yeah lol the problem is that there's no way to decompile it, and fix it to port to 64 bit ''kinda native'' or vst3

5. Ariel Gonzalez

those people really need kinda of an army of developers or people like tytel to finish the version 2 of the synth....

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

The turd doesn't exist as far as the end of the day; you just end up covered in shit.
    The expression is "You can't polish a turd". Probably due to the reason I just stated.
    But then, I don't know the "they" you talk of.

@Ariel Gonzalez
    Btw, check the rules re. joint-posting, all in a row, seconds after the last one.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  7. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

:hillbilly:

Yeah. He should make some beta testing of plugin and website, simulate higher level of traffic. Figure out halfway through that people will want to use x64 version. And he should postpone the release date to 2021 or 2022.
    If he working 8 years, 1 year or 2 years doesn't make much difference and he would have a nice finished product which would be comparable to Matt Tytel products.
    But reality was so much hype and so much shit. He could have a VST that everyone praises like Vital but instead his vst will be known as the biggest snake oil and buggy one in the commercial plugins history.
    A painful lesson for him, but others can also learn from it.

8. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

Does it still require an internet connection to install? Didn't even bother checking.

9. Ariel Gonzalez

no, it isn't require. the only thing that you need to apply the patch is that you have to have the version 1.0.2

10. livemouse

livemouse Producer

If I can use it in one song it's worth a Euro. I've owned both an FS1R and a K5000 and for all intents and purposes you can forget about editing them. But they have their own voice and once they're in a song they're worth the headache for me. Watching pigeons might be worth a few crumbs of bread. I think Ozcan is going to abandon Genesis Pro and start over from scratch with some proper software engineering help and raise the bar for himself. I think ditching synthmaker would be smart. factor out a lot of the red tape and menu diving, then come back with one flat interface that makes sense. basically if you're reading this Ozcan -- Factor More!

11. Ariel Gonzalez

he has to give the source code to the comunity, so the internet can make it better (or at least give to matt tytel)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  12. livemouse

livemouse Producer

A Reaktor Ensemble! it should be dead simple to just patch together the equivalent modules and just let Genesis live inside Reaktor from now on. Somebody please PM him that idea.

13. TranceDream

TranceDream Producer

I didn't even download the cracked one. Such an unnecessary Vst.

14. livemouse

livemouse Producer

I thought Genesis CM sounded great when I first heard it, but the GUI was poor. Genesis Pro is not as bad in that respect, but it's still quirky. If Genesis Pro was a hardware synth from 1995 then the GUI is great. If it was an elektron synth I'd be like "wow elektron just got generous" but I don't like the menu diving much at all. There's probably a lot, a lot of factoring and streamlining that could be done. But this is just one guy's vision and passion so it is what it is. If it were released as a beta first and if he worked with a community on it for the past few years then perhaps it would have been a much better result. But again this is kind of like one guy's artwork.

15. Ariel Gonzalez

i think one of the main issues is that is inspired on some kind of sound generator from the old days (at least due the GUI), but the things under the hood don't do it justice to be honest... also, i agree with you: it needs a beta process with some testers to watch some possible issues and fix them before make the public release