Ultra slow Battery 4 gui

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by DanielFaraday, Dec 4, 2015.

1. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Does anyone experiencing this? It takes about 2~3 seconds to open Battery gui. Some people on NI forum says that disabling floppy in the bios can solve this. But i don't have neither floppy nor cdrom enabled in the bios. I don't have it physically. I always using the latest video drivers. Tested with r9 280xDCu2 and gtx980 on both intel and amd cpu with the same result. Seems it's not hardware issue.

For example: to open Kontakt's gui it takes about 0.5 sec. For Spire, Serum and any other vst (except Omnisphere) it takes about 0.1~0.2 sec to open gui. Tested with cubase 8, Studio one 3, Ableton Live 9. This is so annoying.

Battery Version 4.1.5
    Win 10 x64
    Do you have any ideas? Or this is absolutely ordinary situation?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

It probably takes 1 to 2 seconds for it to open for me too. I've noticed that this is just when I create the instance. Once created, it seems to open more quickly. I've always assumed it was dumping data to RAM or something. :)

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

personally it takes me 1-2 seconds too but only when I first create the instance like Ninja sed. After that there is no problem...

I don't mind it, personally it is a pretty detailed sampler that's loading in alot of stuff...

5. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

I think it quickly scans for library locations for new files when you load an instance. But then again it could be due to GUI since battery is loaded by my template and when I go to open the window it lags.

6. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Yup, but not every time when you closing and opening it. I switched hard drive position in bios and now it seems to work proper with 0.5 sec delay for opening. Pretty weird relations between plugin and Bios. I mean, it's not even full application that integrating into OS. Just a plugin. They should write about it in their manual. Thanks for feedback guys.

No. Battery builds database only once per data change.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  7. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Good info. Gonna give this a shot! Battery 4 is my primary tool for sampled drums. So it's a staple of my workflow. Speeding it up would be nice--even though it isn't really a problem now. I've found that speeding up workflow has increased the quality of my music as working quickly enables one to get the creative ideas into a track before inspiration fades. :)