Ultimate Vocal Remover - project abandoned?..

Discussion in 'Software' started by SuperConductor, Aug 20, 2024 at 12:07 AM.

1. SuperConductor

SuperConductor Newbie

I really preferred UVR to the other clunky one which is commercial software and needs to be k'd, cant remember the name.
    But the development hasnt moved since September 2023, there were some MACOS commits since then i think until October 2023.
    I was looking forward to hearing the results get better and better but it seems dead in the water?

Anyone know whats going on?.. Anjok07 seems to be in charge of the project, maybe someone else made something better

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have a very old video card that it is probably not fair to even call it a gpu. I use Hit N' Mix RipX on the rare occasion I need to stem separate anything and it works great for my purposes. It's not fast or at the top of a leaderboard, but it works very nicely compared with what I originally expected of it. It is most likely the program you mentioned.

4. curtified

curtified Rock Star

ensamble mode is really good in UVR. There are a lot of 3rd party algos you can run in there MDX23 is one of them

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I just entered a "BATTLE OF THE AI BANDS" and needed proper separation for AI-generated tracks. Now Im just starting to really dig into all the different 3rd party algos with UVR5 and chaining them in ensemble mode. I was just comparing GUIs like the rest of the clueless before I knew what was really going on under the hood with the AI models