Ujam Vice Individual Outputs Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Geo22, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Geo22

Geo22 Member

Hello Sexies !

Well from yesterday i started to play with Ujams Vice where everything was right until i tried the individual outputs .

The problem is that first it lowers the sound ( about 3db which is logical lets say ) and the sample becomes dull without the sparkle the edge it has the same sample that goes to the master ! ( All effects on the Master Channel of the plugin are 0 or disabled ) .
    Maybe they compressing and apply some eq when inside Vice ? I dont know and the manual doesnt refer to anything regarding the inside processing . Cant find a way to match the samples . I use Ableton Live 11 on Win 10 . Versions 2.1.0 and 2.1.2 ( first r2r , second VR )

Anyone who uses this plugin with Individual Outputs to confirm or suggest a solution ?
    Thank you all in Advance .

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Apparently using Individual Output bypassed the Master processing section altogether and there is no sound from the Master channel. Weird because other plugins will only output the FX Wet sound on the Master channel. Not sure if it is programmed that way or a bug.

1. If you already too far into the production and need the sound at all cost, a solution which you already know is not using the individual output but solo the element on by one and render it to audio with the plugin on Master Out setting. That would still not give you the same sound because it will not trigger the compression the same way (Maximize at the master section) as it would if all elements played together.

2. Another one is duplicate the track set it to Master out and blend it together with the individual tracks which also wouldn't give you the same sound as you would lose a lot of low end power because of phase cancellation caused by the Ambience process in the master section.

3. Do everything inside the plugin and use the stereo out. It has basic tone controls processing and the sound already colored and tuned to certain vibe that doesn't really need much processing IMO. I mean, how more Synthwave can it get than what's already inside Vice. Maybe layer them with some other sample, for Kick, Snare as example to complement what is lacking with the sound instead of processing it externally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

This is definitely by design with UJAM, as it's been that way since day one. Kinda disappointing. If I need to add some processing to the drum parts individually, I end up just running multiple instances of Vice. However, I'm actually with Stevie on point 3.. I find that just doing everything 100% within Vice, then, if needed, doing a bit of processing to everything as a whole afterwards works great. Even does the job for me with their other UJAM Beatmaker products (Nemesis), as I think their master output tends to sound pretty good.

5. Geo22

Geo22 Member

I had the same thoughts ! For sure there is an internal processing ( eq , compression etc. ) that goes to the Master Output of Vice and enhance the samples , that it cant be disabled . If it wasn't , then by disabling Saturate , Maximize and Ambience the signal that goes to the Individual Outputs should have been the same as the signal that goes to the Master Output of Vice , which not happens . Strange behavior and maybe they released it as a live drummer lets say and not for studio use .

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

IIRC, when you pull down Amount on the top right, these FX are disabled.

7. Geo22

Geo22 Member

yeah you are right . Also you have to pull down the Time Machine at 1980 and then The Master and Individual resembles but again not the same ! Its close .