UAD vs Plugin Alliance - which is better?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I was always wanting to buy UAD hardware and plugins but refused to buy into their over priced ecosystem.

I have previously subscribed to Plugin Alliance's MEGA subscription bundle and thought they were pretty good quality, especially the Brainworx, SPL, and Better maker stuff). Now they are available on the sister site, there's obviously the option of trialling everything over more than a month before committing to investing longer term for the subscription or the perpetual licenses (I have already bought some perpetual licenses for the likes of the SSL consoles, Shadow Hills compressors and so on).

However, now that UAD offer both a subscription bundle in Spark, as well as they're just-released Native bundles, I'm now having my curiousity triggered about UAD again.

Where do they stack up against each other? Is there anything UAD does better, whether licensing system or specific plugins? Is there anything Plugin Alliance does better, as above?

(I am using a Windows machine, so if Windows-specific...great, but also happy for more general comments from Windows and Apple users)

3. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

Question: Are you missing something?

I mean, PA plugins are covering almost every aspect of effects you need to mix. Furthermore, they are pretty solid and delivering good sound.

4. hammond231

hammond231 Member

UAD, without a doubt.

5. bravesounds

bravesounds Kapellmeister

Can't I use both?:dunno:

Anyway, I have almost all uad plugins, but honestly, I don't feel there are any useful plugins that come close to the price of the native bundle.

And frankly, PA makes some of the best products out there. uad has been making some boring plugins lately. honestly it's real

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

both have crappy protection, with PA having sligthly crapier protection according to R2R.

leaving the Protections unvalidated, i would go for PA.

7. playtime

playtime Rock Star

As much as I wish to give you the straight opinion, I just can't. I have both - UAD DSP & SPARK & PA Mega.
    Both have their shiny moments so I decided to keep both in my workflow. Just picking up the best ones from each for current projects.
    :dunno:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List