UAD Volt Audio Interface. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Hareesh S, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

3. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

i have Antelope Zen Go and 3x UAD PCIe. looking forward to know how is the quality of the preamp and AD conveters on the Volt, as i would want to recommend it to a friend. TIA

4. odod

odod Rock Star

now i am getting more confused between this, Audient or MOTU,

P.S : i think i am going with VOLT

5. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

what inside UAD Volt ?
    specially DAC/ADC. I'm pretty sure RME Babyface PRO FS or last Audient interfaces, still better choice for now.

6. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, at the moment it looks like the main selling point is simply that it has analogue circuitry and it's a budget alternative from UAD. How useful a built in 76 would be for someone looking at interfaces in this range, I'm not sure.

7. SEnki

SEnki Producer

Until they post details about the ADC/DAC, I'd hold off excitement. But a UAD interface without DSP & LUNA might be worthwhile for some.

I'm happy with my Zen Go, but I'm still curious about this. They all seem to have a 5v power input other than from USB power. I wonder if they are really bus powered?

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

the second article linked says only one "model" will require an external power supply. I'm interested in them too, I just got an m2 to check out the convertors. That was probably getting returned anyway, so this may help the decision. I'd just like a simple 2 channel path to Logic with nice convertors for sampling some hardware. The compressor inclusion doesn't really matter. No Luna or plugins is not an issue either.

9. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

i have a focusrite scarlett 2i2 first gen is it worth upgrading?
    i just want something new and not to expensive

10. Seckkksee

Seckkksee Guest

I see a lot of bullshit hype words, but I'll wait for Julian Krause to review. My initial take is that it is full of dated tech and hype brings nothing to the game.