UAD Thunderbolt Apollo is not being detected by PC

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by SDFMusic, Dec 26, 2022.

1. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Yeah, I agree. I'm dropping bombs on Drew on UAD forum and FB for several years because of many issues UA should handle much better.
    Well... he's paid to be UA official representative so... :knock:

2. Derwisch_64

Derwisch_64 Ultrasonic

Antelope Audio´s TB interfaces are currently not compatible with TB4 on Windows!

3. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

Hi
    Did you activate Thunderbolt in the bios? I had the same problem with an apollo twin TB3.
    Update intel thunderbolt drivers.

4. Bellaki

Bellaki Newbie

Hi
    I had a problem with my apollo twin x when I used it the first time, I solved the problem by installing the latest version 9 and it detected the sound card, then I overwrite it with the latest version 10 and it worked, I hope for you it's the same problem as me. ( windows 10 gigabyte z590 vison d thunderbolt 4)

5. DA RIPPER

DA RIPPER Noisemaker

I'm also having problems with my new Apollo Twin x on windows. I am on windows 11 with thunderbolt 4, it's being detected but not functioning properly. I don't have any suggestions for you but just warning you about Universal audio. They are completely lost when it comes to windows ,I'm not sure if the techs even have Windows computers to do testing on. I am sure and can say that they will bullshit you in support and they will try to keep the back and forth scheme going on to eat up your return window time , watch them !!! they are full of it. There is definitely a problem with thier devices and windows with thunderbolt 4 !!!! !!!

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

UAD is not alone in this. Lots of well know, high end audio, interfaces have the same issue when it comes to thunderbolt and PCs. Antelope is a good example. They released their interfaces without a Thunderbolt 3 driver. Now, they dont have a driver for Thunderbolt 4 interfaces. By the time they release one, TB 4 is "old" and they need a new driver for TB5. At least with Antelope, you have the USB option available until they come up with a driver.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. dia manu

dia manu Producer

ahhaha had this with my x16

you know what the support said?

get a mac to set it up

thats what i did

now running it on windows

yes, thats when i lost all and any respect for uad and they havent seen a cent from me in years? ive spend thousands on their stuff. didnt pay off uad, didnt pay off

8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I would have loved to buy an Antalope or UAD interface for the niceness of their converters, but that there have been significant issues with melding with PCs and just the shitiest customer service coming down the pike from far too many users, I have a four letter word for how I feel about them both...RMEe (fuck me, I'm a poet).

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. clone

clone Audiosexual

They told you they didn't care about your money, or any future money. Over being lazy. Even if they did some diligent work but it took a while, you would praise them. Instead one poor customer experience turns into thousands of lost dollars in sales. And especially when they do it to someone who remembers these things and will tell others about their own experiences.

The thing is, they treat you the same at tech support, when you call being a Mac user; they just have one less excuse to do some work.

10. notrace

notrace Producer

SDFMusic: I would let UAD know that you had to go on a forum (albeit an excellent one!) to find the resolution to your problem. I'd call and get the name/email of their support manager and let him know of your dissatisfaction with support's response to rectifying the issue! A Windows user shouldn't have to have access to a Mac machine to correct this firmware problem! They need to fix this situation and make him know that!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  11. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

If thats true that you can only update firmware via Mac i would stay far away from UAD. Charging that amount of Money and not beeing able to Firmware Update under Windows seems unprofessional to me.

12. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

It is true. Read back. It fixed his UAD... Really shit support and endless issues with Windows. They're busy translating everything to UADx for Windows but it seems not so busy helping people to fix the devices we pay stupid money for... So we have to hope there's a solution elsewhere like here

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Totally agree but why then not sell it as Mac only if the Company is unable to support Windows proper. I'm also working in the It Support Field and this sounds awful to me. But maybe i'm diffrent if there is a Problem @ Work which is not fixable directly i will resolve the Issue if needed at home and make an How-To for the Colleagues, because like this you keep getting better and customers always have been very happy about that and thats the Goal for me and should be for any good Support.

Maybe Opening an escalation Case @ UAD could help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

I've said that as well many times. I think they should have just stayed with Mac. My USB Apollo seems ok on an old firmware but the updates fucked it up and I lost a month figuring that out. I daren't touch it now

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

If under warranty yep!!

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

That was true.However, in her case, as well as mine, it was an issue because those early units left UAD without the firmware update. New batches, as well as refurbished x8p, already do come with that firmware update. Since the interface is detected by Windows and the UAD Meter software, any new firmware updates will be possible with Windows.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  17. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

UAD does not give a fuck. I explained that I wrote to them, offered a few suggestions and they ignored it. The more I think about this shit the more I like gathering UAD users that have this issue and suing UAD for downtime, time spent trying to solve this issue, and mental distress. :hahaha:

Edit: Fuck you to UAD Tech Support.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Cranesong? Even better sounding.

19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Yea, I hear you sista!

If I would dip my toe
    Into that languid pool
    And luxurize
    My ear, my eyes
    In Weiss, Forssell or Cranesong
    My wife would warn to wear my ears
    On a necklace, my balls upon a spear...
    Never I'd lay eyes upon the gear
    As I'd already run away away in fear
    Our retirement here in der Schweitz
    You might surmise, is surely not the cheapest
    And myself although you may not know
    My living not the stu d io
    I'd rather have a cool guitar
    That plays, sings like an angel
    The Cranesong I guess will have to wait...
    As I still support a daughter

One needs to choose one's fights
    See my back as I walk away

(My wife would never do that really)
    8)

20. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Lois Lane Sis you are an inspirational force.

Grab a gun and shoot your bride
    If blood scares you, use cyanide
    Collect the insurance, mourn until dawn
    and for next xmas
    buy the fucking pre amp.

Signed by: the Fake Morrisey