UAD Plugins?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by ghostdogg, Feb 10, 2017.

1. ghostdogg

ghostdogg Newbie

Hey guys,

Sorry for the n00b post, but where are all the UAD plugins on audioz? I found a lot of tutorials, but the most recent substantive post I found was from 2014! Am I missing something?

Sorry for my n00bness, love this community. Long time lurker, would add more if I felt I had more to add :/

3. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

UAD plugins do not run on the computer, they run on the UAD DSP hardware - so if you don't have a UAD card, you can't run the plugins.

The *best* that anyone could hope for would be some kind of way to defeat the plugins protection so you could run unauthorised plugins on your UAD card, but it's fairly difficult as when a plugin is authorised, it's tied to the serial number of your plugin, your user account, and the serial number of the hardware, and it's been specifically designed to be pretty secure. Not saying it won't happen, but it seems unlikely, as the only time protection has been defeated was with one specific UAD software version that had a bug in it, otherwise it's been out for over a decade and hasn't been compromised yet.

TL;DR - Unlikely to happen.

4. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

They are not on audioz

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I have never been cracked, and they probably never will. If they do you can bet your ass the eBay and craigslist market will be flooded with hardware

6. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I have a large investment in an Apollo Quad, an Octo Satellite and nearly 100 UAD-2 plugins. If somebody cracks them, I don't know if I'll rejoice or shoot myself.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Side note: I've had to replace 2 UAD cards, they have you by the balls

8. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

How many years until we can download hardware in Audioz?
    Sooner I think that uad will be only software... More one emulation!
    How can I tell if I am a n00b emulation in 2016?

9. tooloud

tooloud Guest

If you think they will release their plugins as software only, you don't understand the companies philosophy. It's a closed system to ensure you buy the hardware to use the software. They aren't going to drop that idea. Their Unison technology is useless without their hardware and you need a huge amount of processing power for most of their plugins.

10. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Read carefully!
    Sooner than a hardware download (fully funcional hardware for enhanced 3d printers of the future), probably nothing like that wil happen in our lifetime. Someday companies will evolve too.
    i do not have only a degree in music but in social studies and it includes economics.
    Be happy nothing worst can happen to world than the actual USA President.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I have them all. I had to buy a UAD2 apollo twin solo in order to purchase them. I have UAD's entire plugin catalog. They're pretty good plugins but they use a lot of CPU. I'm sorry but you won't find them on AudioZ. You'll find a cracked Nexus 2.7 w/ all expansions before you find cracked UAD2 plugins. However, team FiSH may be able to help you. :wink:

12. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    You made me come with this sentence. :shalom:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

:no:

14. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

LET me rephrase... never be cracked as long as UAD supports them.
    Side not: I really hope they offer a subscription option like slate.

15. m9cao

m9cao Producer

ofcourse, we can download hardware emulation map to pc and run them on emulator soft

16. ElDudarino

ElDudarino Newbie

A lot of the UAD plugins are available on VST.

17. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

This is the reason why I will continue staying away from UAD. No question, their stuff is top notch but their marketing policy isn't the best, at least not from the customer's standpoint.

18. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I'm a customer and I have no grievances with their marketing. They frequently send me vouchers and if used during a sale you can get $300 plugins for $75. I don't know why, having stated you agree their stuff is top notch, that you would boycott the company. Would you also avoid purchasing a Ford because then you're locked into buying Ford spare parts?

19. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I never spoke about boycott. The idea to boycott something or someone can have some negative connotation (Trump's businesses for example).

Here, nothing is wrong with UAD. On the contrary, their products are really good AFAIK but I usually choose to stay away from proprietary solutions.

The comparison with a car isn't accurate because in this case, you can sometimes choose different parts (except for the engine of course). In UAD's case, if for example your interface suddenly stop working and it's out of warranty, you can choose to have it fixed (not sure this is a financially wise choice but anyway) or you have no other option but to buy a new interface... from UAD of course.

Once again, their products are stellar otherwise they wouldn't survive in the Pro Audio business which is very competitive. The only problem is that they are basically ensuring that once you are a customer, you will be forced to stay with them and keep buying from them if you want to continue using the plugins you already bought from them.

In some way, you are 'investing' in their solution, nothing wrong with that once again but it's a bit like with the printer business: The printer is usually relatively cheap but the manufacturer is getting a lot of additional revenue with the toners. Similar here with the plugins.

This is actually very clever from their Marketing department, I guess that it's the dream of every company: To make sure that the existing customer has no other option but to get back to buy more producst from you and prevent him from leaving you for some competitor.

20. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List