UAD Plug-ins in 2023

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maduka, May 17, 2023.

1. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Hi guys. As you know UAD went native and has a diamond bundle for $699. Do you think worth it to buy now or use another plug-ins. Thanks

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I'm a happy UAD user who would never pay that much again. Unfortunately, the plugins that I love and use the most are not included in that bundle because they haven't been ported yet.

Those plugins in the bundle have great quality alternatives with other developers. If you own an Apollo interface, then you get the advantage of their Unison preamp. Aside that, I wouldn't bother.

EDIT: I gotta admit they have put a lot in that bundle.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I think the situation I am in is that there is not enough UAD plugins ported to be native yet (at least on Windows) to justify the cost for myself. The ones that have been ported and available have alternatives that are close enough, as good, or better even, such as Waves, Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia, and so on. You could even just use the free Nebula 4 with addons to get even better results, albeit at a high CPU cost.

5. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate it.

6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It's all just a marketing ploy by UA to make certain the oddball stuff sells. Why convert only the marginal gear over to native first rather than the BEST stuff? At any rate I lost enough $$ on UA stuff already. I will not use another UA plug until they are warezed (hint, hint, R2R :). Until then there are plenty of other almost as good native gears to use.

7. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

HELL NO!...Maybe...Let me explain.

Personally about half of the plugins in the bundle are not something i'm interested in, and of the rest there's two that i'm absolutely sure i would use so...You get the picture. In my case i think i'd rather pick one of those "any X plugins" bundles that appear every now and then, if you do the math is more money per plugin, but in the end you'd be putting less money off your pockets for a couple of plugins you'll actualy use.

And that's the thing, that's me, but if you do like all they offer in the bundle and it's something you would use then yes, it's a very good offer considering individual plugins prices (even on sale), but would you reeeeeaaaaaly?

Demo them on an actual project and compare to alternatives, then you'll know.

8. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Hey mk_96 you are right. I was thinking the same. Another thing. Why they included synth plugins instead of more effects? for me that is not appealing.

9. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Because by the time these boundles came out, those were all the effects that had been released on native.

Then it goes downstream. Diamond used to be everything that was native at the time, Mix was all the effects released at the time, and Creative all the instruments released at the time plus a few effects.

10. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Thanks for the info.