UAD - Native plugins released in 3 bundles. No subscription.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thotu, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Orglblork

Orglblork Ultrasonic

You might like the Fatso plugin. Total CPU hog, in that UAD way, but it's got Distressor + tape-ish vibes all in one. I have and love the plugin but like you, I almost never use it because it devours my paltry Apollo Twin Duo's DSP. I'd love to be able to use that one ALL THE TIME.

2. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I'm sure you are absolutely right. I've been eyeing the Fatso for a while. At some point I almost bit, but nowadays, with some many great other tools from other developers, there's no point anymore. I love the UAD plugins I've bought over the years. they've more than paid their price with the work they've done, but in all honesty, today I wouldn't spend that kind of money. BTW, it may seem that UAD plugins are at a hefty price tag, but in all honesty, with sales and coupons you get to spend a lot less than you might think.

3. Orglblork

Orglblork Ultrasonic

I totally agree, I wouldn't probably ever have bought the fartso but it was one of the free plugins included when I bought an x8p

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

My guesses:

- The will go from bundle to single plugins in a year's time once the real economic pressure is kicking in – since they are now just another small fish in the pond of plugin devs
    - Since no one needs any hardware to run their plugins, prices will and have to drop to around 30 $ to stay competitive. So no more 200+ $ for 1176'es which don't have a mix knob in 2023 – even Waves managed to slap one on their 1176 after 10+ years…

5. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

yes their 1176 gives me errections every time I cum near one., so is there anyone out there who can get this going...would be great!

6. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Next up for Spark & native UAD plugins:

Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection

Will be available for puchase as of tomorrow. Early acces for Spark & UAD-2 users later today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Is it already available for download on Spark?

8. Jeff*

Jeff* Kapellmeister

Yes just installed it, needed to plug my iLok for UAConnect to detect and show the Fairchild...

9. Gyorgy Ligeti

Awesome. I guess it works just as good as other UADx right? I find it a vital addition to Spark, which I am very happy with

10. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

UAD Octo board is $1300.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...al-audio-uad-2-octo-core-pcie-dsp-accelerator

1 SHARC DSP ADSP-21469KBCZ-4 $40.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Analog-Devices/ADSP-21469KBCZ-4?qs=WIvQP4zGanhfJ5Tvgte2cQ==

$40 x 8 = $320.

Add another $150 for the board, etc.

Nice mark up on their cards, eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I got the UAD-1 card (~$700usd at the time + additional plugin costs) when this whole side loading of DSP concept first hit the light of day. This was supposed to be like the next holy grail for audio and media production in general. It worked well, to a point. UA was adverting this UAD-1 card with the plugins saying one would be able to run "many different types of plugins concurrently with the resident DAW" due to the magic of the UAD card DSP.

now back to the REAL world... In reality one could get 2 maybe 3 plugins to run thru the UAD-1 before it would start crapping itself. I started MANY MANY, support tickets with UA tweaking the UAD card settings, applying driver patches, etc, etc, all in an effort to get the thing to perform the way UA said it was supposed to perform. I was NOT the only one experiencing this bottle neck performance. There were many such complaints floating around the UA forums concerning the exact same thing. UA would continually try blaming the issue on inadequate host systems or incompatibilities. The bottom line was that one could load two to three times the amount of plugins to the native DAW and be processed properly by the host system that you could thru the infamous UAD-1. They were never able to explain that one away, which finally led to their completely screwing over, and abandoning everyone who bought into the UAD-1 fallacy.

Then one day the announcement was made - they were releasing the UAD-2. The UAD-2 was supposed to alleviate all the issues that customers were experiencing with the UAD-1. Of course there was NO cheap upgrade path. If one already had the UAD-1 they were pretty much locked into 50-75% of the UAD-2 price (~7-800$ at the time) to "upgrade" the hardware and ALL NEW PLUGINS as well. I had enough. The UAD-1 card went in its box and there it sits still. Vowed NEVER again to mess with anything from UA digital.

...but when the plugins worked when they worked and worked well. When the R2R release of the UA native plugin bundle comes to fruition rest assured they will be grabbed up and used to make up for lost time (and money). Until then however UA can suck it...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

I fully understand your frustration, in fact UA native is a great deal for new UA users. And I believe that for many years they will develop their native system undisturbed by warez. R2R will never get their hands on UA, like Pro Tools. Teams have now dismissed iLok releases.

13. secretworld

secretworld Producer

I still use my 2 uad1 cards lol. Not daily anymore but still

14. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

what i'm gonna do with my 3x UAD Quad PCIe cards? you sad ass motherfuckers of UAD

15. dondada

dondada Rock Star

you get "all" the native ones for free (of bought ones:rofl:)

16. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

The UAD Manly Limiter and EQ were two of the best for me that other companies have tried to copy but still remain close to the original hardware. I think it won't be long before they will be ina mastering bundle not just a Manly complete.

17. Dan Fuerth

Dan Fuerth Kapellmeister

Let's sure hope they don't end up with eggs on their faces as it happened years ago when the "necessary external hardware" was basically not needed!!! lol

18. Barmaley (covid edition)

Barmaley (covid edition) Kapellmeister

UAD Complete - $10995 !!! ($5 - Gift!!!)

[​IMG]

Go Ahead! [​IMG]

p.s. I didn't see yesterday in UA-Connect - Hitsville EQ Collection. They remove it from SPARK?

19. Gyorgy Ligeti

Really? I don't think they removed Hitsville EQ. Can anyone else confirm? I currently work offline in the studio with iLok key.

20. dondada

dondada Rock Star

So far they only released 28 (native)plugs, I think
    i hope, for you, they keep their promise:cool:

.ps
    better look 2nd hand before buying new now