UAD Intros Classic FX Bundle (aka Roland Classic FX Bundle)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Aug 2, 2016.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

For those that missed out on purchasing the Roland plugins from UAD before their licensing agreement ran out:

[​IMG]

Word on the UAD forums is that they are sonically identical to the originals, just with an updated gui and a few extra presets. Looks like these are also a free upgrade to anyone that owns any of the Roland versions... I just checked my plugins list and they have already been added :)

http://www.uaudio.com/store/most-popular/classic-fx-bundle.html

3. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

good to hear Roland stuff is back with UAD.. the only one i'm missing is that Roland Studio D chorus. (it sounds great once applied on some Rhodes EP)

and btw, since i buy my uad's only when they are on sale, i really wonder why uad wouldn't just 'fine tune' their prices and maintain those 'sales' prices as a permanent feature, not only i will buy more stuff from them, but they will also sell more cards and more plugs.

"Greed is not a financial issue. It's a heart issue."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

To anyone that has "upgraded"... do the "Roland" skinned ones disappear once you load the new version?

5. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

No, theyre still there... although not sure if theyll be removed at a later date. I can only assume that given how long the Roland versions been around, more than likely they wont be removed considering how many people own them and use them in their day to day projects. That would be a dark day for UA if they did, but then again, they did get rid of their Nigel plugin which pissed a lot of people off :/

One thing I will say though is that the new gui's are pretty nice and optimized for 4k res. I also ran through each of the plugins and sure, enough they sound identical to the originals. I'll probably pick up the Stuio D Chorus around the holidays as thats the only one I'm missing and never got a chance to purchase.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Thanks Aymat. I am still holding out for the Unison SSL upgrade, I know as soon as I break down and buy the current version the upgrade will come out.