UAD Customer Support want me to send my System Report

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by R&B-Lover, Dec 6, 2022.

1. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

Hey Guys,

unfortunately I've got some issues with my UAD Apollo X4 Interface. The Clock is often switching randomly from internal to external or the UA Console App is freezing etc.

I've contacted the UA Customer Support about this issue and they want to me to send them my Mac System Report. They said we need to look at your System to see if there's potential software that interfering with UAD Software otherwise we can't help..

Go on Apple Menu / About this Mac / System Report File/ Save.

If I send them this File, they will maybe see that I've got some cracked software on my System and I don't know if this will be dangerous for me? I've purchased all my UAD Plugins legally and there are no UAD cracks available. But I've got some other cracked Plugins..

What do you think should I do now?

3. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Scary! I just bought a UA Volt2 but it's functioning without problems.
    Sounds like they want to check your shorts for skidmarks:woot:
    They will blame all on your use of profligate software despite the fact it runs better than the original product:rofl:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

Yeah the tendency is to blame literally everything on the clandestine software even if it's been proven to be safe and better functioning than the legit versions. Spooky as hell. Tbh I'd do literally everything i possibly can to avoid sending them something so personal.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

they aren't going to blame software. they are going to blame your computer.

6. amanamission

amanamission Ultrasonic

Why not just run the report and look at it to see if it gives away anything? It probably lists your apps folder contents.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  7. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Google what system report includes and decide from there.

8. Greedybuddha

Greedybuddha Member

I didn't have a problem with it

9. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

tell them you're such a UAD fan you're singlehandedly attempting to take down their competitors one cracked plugin at a time. theyll thank you and give you some free stuff.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

As an example, if you install the software from Softube from sister or PA stuff like Brainworx, then install UAD, it will disable your PA and Softube stuff. Somehow they get inside that software... You have to install all your UAD before installing the other stuff... This doesn't happen with iLok stuff from what I've seen, general iLok not UADx stuff

The UADx puts things into folders you can't even find. Its everywhere. This goes WAY further than that disabling software thing. You have to put your computer online to use the new stuff, the stuff you paid for, the stuff that doesn't work in VST2 shortly... That stuff many people paid $10,000 for the complete package, plus $10,000 for the hardware dongle shit... There's a handful of UADx conversions already, but if you use the whole pack it is already outdated VST2 junk according to Steinberg, just like the Powercore

I had issues with my Apollo doing some crazy shit. I had to reset the device to an earlier Firmware... That might be the solution if they locked both together. I know UADx is supposed to be separate and not dependant but its possible they did some more dirty stuff with the devices

This is the obvious solution with these people. You can't give them remote access to your computer which means no UADx. That might mean completely locking them out by not putting the computer online if you use their stuff. My Apollo screwed up just because of an update, to demo something legit, a Moog I think

IMO, anybody that is fucking about inside your computer cannot be trusted. They already betray that trust. If you remotely let them back inside again you're asking for trouble

11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not related to your system report, but do you happen to have Sonarworks installed on your machine? I'm only asking as I had a virtually identical issue on a Windows machine, both with a UAD interface and a MOTU interface, where something about Sonarworks would reset clocks, change master/slave clock source, and prevent the computer from opening the audio interface's control panel. Just a tuppence worth into the hat for you....

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  12. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

yea this is very personal but I don't know how to fix this issue with my Apollo X4 then.

13. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

I don't think they can blame my Computer. I've got an maxed out M1 Max 64GB of Ram and they should fully support it now

14. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Can you explain those lines better? UADx disable other iLok plugins like Markus Krause's infamous system?

15. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

yes I did that to check it but I don't know where this issue is coming from. On this Report they will see that I've got Software on my System from Moria or Trazor or izotope Patcher and something like that.. so maybe it's not a good Idea to send them those Informations..

16. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

thanks, but no I don't have sonarworks on my System

17. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

I had cracked PA Stuff before and it worked togehter wit UAD DSP and UADx Stuff without disabling it. But now I get rid off the cracked PA Stuff I've shortly bought the whole PA Bundle legit with the Own AlL 2022 Deal

18. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Sorry man, but this is total nonsense. UAD software doesn't care about your other software at all, iLok or whatever.

19. reziduchamp

Then my plugins must have deauthorised for some other reason. Any idea what caused that? If I install the other way around its not an issue, but I have to remove all UAD plugins that I'm not using before opening my DAW. Never had an issue this way around. Install UAD after and it deauthorises them

When I removed UADx off my system it left behind a white box in the bottom right corner. I had to completely remove it with Revo and reboot to get rid of that box and all the places that they've hidden stuff is ridiculous

I think the fact that UAD puts so much into this spying says enough about how much UAD cares about our other software. You can't install plugins that you own under UADx unless you put the computer online. That's a demand to spy. That's a bare faced demand that they can look inside your computer. If they created a separate installer that works with iLok, offline, without any online demands, then you can make that argument. The minute that they demand this look inside your underwear drawers they look dodgy...

These are the same people who created a dongle that hasn't been cracked in 20 years or whatever. Are you telling me that this new UADx cannot be verfied by that same dongle system? They even added an iLok as a new protection to replace their dongles. Is this not another way to verify your licenses? All of this protection and they STILL want to see inside our computers? All of these layers that are adding extra code that slows down the computer and causes more niggles... They want an extra layer online and you think that they don't care about what software is inside of our computers?

20. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Simply put - no. I admit UADx has some ridiculous installation and protection requirements, but their software does not affect your other plugins.
    Your issue is the first time I've ever heard of. Must be something else messing up your other installations.

21. reziduchamp

I've only used iLok for the UADx offline, which didn't work. Installing iLok hasn't disabled anything that should be protected by iLok, for me personally. But yeah, it doesn't surprise me that UADx has disabled things. Doesn't surprise me one bit... What I meant is that I haven't seen iLok disabling other stuff and I installed the latest version