UAD Avalon 737 VS Avalon 737sp

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by NeverenoghFun, Nov 29, 2019.

1. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Whats up guys!
    So, My internship is .. just amazing learning insane stuff, my mixes have improved and im even starting to tame that beast of a board the Einstien Amek Super e.... f*#K patch bays.. just saying
    ANYWAYS

I was super hyped when UAD released the 737 recently. Me recently purchasing a Arrow, and the studio I intern for having a actual hardware version instantly my brain went to shoot out!

Well, We did it and let me say the results are spectacular!
    U87 with Unison preamps or Avalon pre amps it was "deaaamn" moment for me and my mentor.
    Unfortunately we did this rite before a client was coming in and we did not record.

Any of you actually interested in hearing the results?
    If so, i will reconduct the shoot out and record with video/audio.

If you cant wait.. It was damn near spot on, My mentor could hear a slight dip in the midrange but faintly with superbly trained ears lol.

UAD does its thing with this one1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. The three laws of UAD:

Somebody who has never used a UAD plug will tell you the original hardware is better.

Somebody who has never used a UAD plug will tell you the Acustica version is better.

Somebody who has never used a UAD plug will tell you a native version is better.

The grass is always greener on the same side.

4. i use both in different environments... studio vs home mixing... they sound pretty similar and UAD does an excellent work on this one... the only difference, if you care about this stuff, is that you can use your tubes of choise on the real hardware... does it makes a REAL difference? no... it just a matter of personal taste... i use a lot of UAD stuff at home and, IMHO, i found that they lack "something" just on a couple of plugins... like the distressor, the shadow hill and particullary on the amps...