UAD Apollo Audio Interface

Discussion in 'Software News' started by PYRUS MALUS, Jan 20, 2012.

1. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Wonder what this bish is gonna cost !?

http://www.uaudio.com/interfaces/apollo.html

[​IMG]

Apollo UAD Audio Interface -- UAD Audio Interface w/ UAD Plug-In Processing Capabilities !

Apollo® is the first professional, high-resolution computer audio interface that delivers the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording.
    onboard Realtime UAD Processing. Using Apollo, music producers and performers can finally track audio through a range of classic UAD analog
    emulation plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more — in real time, and with a sleek, elegant workflow on both Mac and PC.*

Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
    Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or PC-based studio, Apollo incorporates a true “no compromise” approach to audio quality.
    Building upon decades of UA’s analog hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sonics, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic
    range in its class. Apollo’s premium mic preamps, top-end converters — and UA’s meticulous attention to circuit design — translate into greater
    accuracy and depth in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering.

Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
    While Apollo’s “natural” sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and color via
    its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with either DUO Core or QUAD Core processing onboard, this onboard DSP Acceleration allows for recording
    and mixing through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — with as low as sub-2ms latency — so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and “print” audio
    using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.**

Want to place multiple 1176 compressors on your drum inputs, or record vocals through a classic Neve 1073 EQ, or even track the entire band
    through a Studer A800 tape machine in real time? No problem. With Realtime UAD processing, Apollo’s sonic options are virtually endless.

Thunderbolt™ I/O: The Next Generation of Connectivity
    Apollo offers compatibility with Intel’s new Thunderbolt technology, as found on the newest iMacs, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and next-gen PCs.
    Available via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt I/O Option Card (sold separately), Thunderbolt provides lower latency, reduced audio buffer
    it allows music producers to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and additional
    computer monitors — all with fast, flawless performance.

Deeper Integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and more
    Apollo’s Core Audio and ASIO* drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more.
    Beyond this basic compatibility, Apollo’s included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and
    recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within individual DAW sessions, even months and years later. Read more about Apollo’s
    included software here.

Elegant Hardware Design and Workflow

One key feature of Apollo isn’t really a “feature” at all. It’s the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow — and
    better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs,
    channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and even dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the
    front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass, and automatically enable hardware and software monitoring.

Sonically, Apollo's Mic inputs and Monitor outputs are digitally controlled analog, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain.
    High-resolution/high-contrast metering, derived from UA’s legendary 2192 interface, is designed to be viewable at nearly any angle. Finally,
    standalone operation means that you can use Apollo’s audio connections, and last-used DSP mixer settings, even without a computer connected.

[​IMG]
    UAD Apollo Console Software

http://www.uaudio.com/media/assetlibrary/a/p/apollocommercial_web_vo_480x270-750k.mp4

:grooves:

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

wow should be really expensive ... :/

4. vgl

vgl Newbie

Apollo QUAD
    $2499.00
    List $2999.00

PRE-ORDER
    Apollo DUO
    $1999.00
    List $2999.00

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/apollo/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nammgear2012

5. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

wouw... NAMM stuff I guess. Awesomeness...

6. Dr Kean

Dr Kean Newbie

Great work by UAD, seems like there's gonna be a competition for pro tools HD; still, no sound as the original 1073 mic-pre, we totally need this plugin.

7. BeatM

BeatM Newbie

i want it! *yes*

I'll have to sell the Fireface 400!

8. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

It is, dude!
    Many interesting things appear to come out from this year.
    Arturia MiniBrute for example...
    :D

Though pricy, this Apollo gear looks just great!
    Had in mind to purchase a RME Fireface 400 + a LA-610 MK II in 2012 but might pick this one instead.
    Impatiently waiting for more feedback about it.

9. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Have to say, this one looks really cool. :grooves:

A bit disappointing that it is not USB, though.

10. Forgot99

Forgot99 Newbie

I was thinking of buying the UAD satellite quad flexi and it was around 1500 euros + you get the 500 voucher for uad plugins.
    So my question is, what is so much better in this Apollo so that i would pay 500 more + lose the 500 voucher to get only duo instead of quad.
    Yes i know that there will be thunderbolt available and its faster but i guess the TB will be 500 more when it comes and what i have read Satellite quad is pretty
    able to process a lot of plugins through firewire...hmm not sure what to do now :D

11. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Well this is an audio-interface with four mic-preamps, the Satellite is just the DSP card.

12. Forgot99

Forgot99 Newbie

So if dont need the mic preamps much, i should go for the satellite?

13. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

The Satellite and this are two very different products.

This is an Audio-Interface with all the features one needs, and a built in DSP. You could also say, that this is an Audio-Interface with a Satellite built in.

If you have an Audio-Interface already, and just want to use the UAD plugs, than clearly the Satellite is what you need. Or one of the UAD PCI cards.

14. Forgot99

Forgot99 Newbie

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, im going for the satellite then :)