UAD Ampex ATR-102 goes Native and is on sale

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chaindog, Jul 23, 2024 at 1:53 PM.

Tags:
  1. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

Nothing for apple silicon though right? ...

Yeah, I haven't tried their stuff of late...

2. clone

clone Audiosexual

Something can be overrated but still have a small userbase. Look at the other Acustica plugins to illustrate this. They can be expensive, bloated, use way too much resources, etc. Yet there are comments from users tripping over themselves to say how great a 5gb clipper plugin is... while those not falling for that may pick a plugin that is under 100mb in size, is 1/4 the price, and delivers better results.

Giving something too high marks or praise is overrating something. The amount of users convinced by the hype something gets is not directly correlated to that.

3. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

theres a choice few UAD plugins i think are good, and the Distressor is one of them. The API is decent, but its not my fav, I also have access to the actual compressor. I prefer acustica's Pultec suite, Purple, but UAD's is amongst the best out there for pultec style emulations

4. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

Their clipper is insane tho. some of their plugins are not worth it, but Ash is one that is def worth it!

5. Freakmaster

Freakmaster Noisemaker

Nebula and Acustica users are like some kind of online forum cult.
    Anytime somebody has a differing opinion about an Acustica plugin, the cult becomes real defensive as if they are the only ones that know anything about audio processing.

I saw the same cult-like behaviour on gearpsace where people were getting cursed for not liking one of the Cupwise libraries!
    What's up with this arrogant cult-ish behaviour?

Conversely, I still think the Nebula Ax102 sounds more polished than the UAD ATR-102.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024 at 1:43 AM
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. officialswish

officialswish Member

i have a real distressor and havent used the UAD one BUT all I've ever heard are great things about it

7. officialswish

officialswish Member

you can not like them being bloated, use too much resources, whatever.....but the point is that it delivers the quality. so it cant be overrated if it does so. "delivers better results" isnt the point as what one person considers great, another can consider useless.

8. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

the uad emulation is 99% close to the real shit... with literally same sets (not that slate digital calibration bs)

9. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

It really does get kinda MAGA on that shit.