UAD-1 second hand buy .. software etc - HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by phloopy, Feb 4, 2017.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hi

Im about to buy a UAD-1 incl. Project Pak second hand and Im really confused regarding installing etc.

The seller claim I can just install the UAD-Win-v610 driver and all will work with plugs etc....!

Any experts out here that can verify this??

Im running Win7/64bit

Thanks in advance

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks dlearyus!! :wink:

So basically the seller when he claim you can install this just downloading the UAD-Win-v610 driver and all is good, he lies?

you will still be able to download your final UAD-1 authorization file:

If he handle me this file will I then be able to use the UAD-1?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

He doesn't lie but he will remain the only recognized owner of the card. But at the end of the day, who cares?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks yabiss

So what software exactly do I need from him if I should run this hardware/software?

6. tutnichtszursache

tutnichtszursache Noisemaker

He does not lie

7. tutnichtszursache

U can use the card with registered plugins, if he gives you the access to his acount. you can download than software and registration für your system. Done that twice!

8. tutnichtszursache

but its a "closed" system. You cannot transfer license to any other Card than the one you will buy from him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks!

10. kostovas

kostovas Kapellmeister

Make sure it can fit your motherboard. PCIx or PCIe.
    Else it''s wasted money

11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Ok .... here´s the deal:

I can get two UAD-1 cards for 70 US dollars!
    Incuded plugs should be these:

Included UAD-1 Project Pak Software Plug-Ins:

1176SE: The 1176SE is derived from the 1176LN. Its algorithm has been revised in orderto provide sonic characteristics similar to the 1176LN but with significantly less DSP usage. It is provided to allow "1176LN-like sound" when DSP resources are limited.

CS-1: The CS-1 Channel Strip provides all the tools you need for recording and mixing in one simple plug-in (using only one insert!) With a unique smoothing algorithm for all controls and DSP conserving bypass switches built-in, The CS-1 packs a whopping punch into a small package. Included in the CS-1 are the EX-1 EQ/Compressor, the DM-1 Delay Modulator, and the unique RS-1 Reflection Engine. Of course, if you don't need all that power, you can use each module within the CS-1 separately. Use as much or as little as desired for your particular needs.

RealVerb Pro: What if you could put your sound right in the perfectly designed room? Based on our own unique set of algorithms, the world-class RealVerb Pro plug-in lets you design the room just as you hear it. Get beyond the barriers of simply big and small, dark or bright. RealVerb Pro gives you our trademark, distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and ultra-long reverb tail. Driven by the processing power of the UAD-1, RealVerb Pro can run eight instances simultaneously, with ease. RealVerb Pro is the most flexible and natural sounding reverb plug-in in the industry.

Nigel: Amp, Cab, & FX for Guitar and Beyond (+8 plug-in modules, included). Nigel offers the latest generation of guitar processing technology integrated into a complete multi-effects plug-in solution. Utilizing Universal Audio's exclusive component modeling technology and intuitive design, Nigel delivers a complete pallet of guitar tones along with most every effect a guitar player might need, all with minimal latency and no load on your host computer's CPU.

Pultec EQP-1A: The Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer plug-in is a faithful electronic reproduction of the classic hardware equalizer. The Pultec EQ has long been a choice of recording and mastering engineers for its ability to bring out individual frequency ranges without significantly altering other frequencies. In addition, the Pultec is one of those magical pieces of gear that makes audio sound better - just by passing through it. The sophisticated modeling technology used in the Pultec EQP-1A plug-in captures both of these key characteristics.

I´ve installed the plugs already - without installing the card(s) and it install LOADS of plugs that CANNOT run with the UAD-Win-v610 software.

So I guess its a delete of all the plugs that doesnt run with the card afterwards :yes::dunno:

Let me hear if all this (not the price of the cards) is right!!!!

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017