U.S., British Intelligence Mining Data From Nine U.S. Internet Companies In Broad Secret Program

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Catalyst, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

3. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

yeah this was on the dutch news too yesterday. it's nothing new though...
    if you can connect somewhere, they can also connect to you, in what kind of form it might be.
    a lot of people where like "WOW, really?" but use the internet with the same common sense you use in real life.

:bow:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Honestly I feel like people have become desensitized to how outrageous this is. Though it's more of the same news that we've been hearing post 9/11 I think that we should be vigilant in holding those involved accountable. It seems like with every day this becomes more and more the status quo and it's all been accelerating very rapidly. The crazy thing is that this is only what we know about so imagine what other perversions of justice are occurring as we speak.

5. Alraun

Alraun Member

This is a good statement given by a U.S. citizen in N.Y. Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/08/us/national-security-agency-surveillance.html?ref=us&_r=0

"Allowing the government to have this surveillance apparatus set up and operating on an ongoing basis is extremely dangerous. In a time of national crisis, this infrastructure could be easily seized or controlled by elements in the government with less noble intent. Meanwhile, at the cost of throwing away the bill of rights, we have gained what? We've caught a handful of crazy terrorists here and there?
Ongoing monitoring and surveillance should not even be considered unless the prospective death toll is in the hundreds of thousands. We certainly never before considered it justified to throw away the bill of rights in order to stop street muggings, abusive husbands killing their wives, angry street fights escalating into murders, or gang shootings. I really don't see how terrorist plots are any different. There is simply no justification for ongoing preventive monitoring and surveillance of American citizens. Heart disease, influenza, and other common illnesses kill far more people than any terrorist has."

Another interesting article from The Guardian:
    NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

"I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
    Jim Garrison [Playboy interview, October 1967.]

6. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

"Heart disease, influenza, and other common illnesses kill far more people than any terrorist has"

that says it all, respect

today, terrorism (the fear of) is what religion was in the middle ages, control...

7. lisapower

lisapower Member

Bilderberg Mafia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKOwVZovGTo&feature=youtu.be

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

lisapower
    Haven't I asked you before to stop spamming threads? So instead of listening you now are spamming threads with videos. Next time I'm not asking and I'm simply going to give you a warning as I've already let you slide twice. You want to put one up that's cool but let's keep it reasonable because posting one on each thread is overkill. PS Alex Jones is an idiot.

9. lisapower

lisapower Member

Why is this spam? Look Up where all the problems come from! Bilderberg has relations to it. Only because you don't like it, it does not mean that other are not interested in looking to it.

10. Yubidi

Yubidi Newbie

It all has 2 sides, really.....
    If the world and people would be spreading the wealth equally ( more or less what Audioz is all about with audio and Robin Hood/The hooded robber in the stories ), there wouldn't be any criminality, terrorism etc..
    There still would be greed though...
    However;
    Moneymakers and relating money to gold are the problem ( but a hard one to change into something else. It's really just a matter of how we exchange things..). And the ones trying to change this( the greenbag in the U.S. ), were killed by those same moneymakers.
    Sadly, there aren't enough people in the world ( + 6 billion or so..) to fight this injustice...
    Nor the will or means to unite.
    So we bow our heads and act as sheep.
    With a frown on our faces....

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Double posts have been removed from AudioSex since the site began so this isn't something new. Like I said if you want to put up a video be my guest, there's nothing wrong with that. However to put up the same video on so many threads is just too much and the equivalent of shoving your viewpoint down someone else's throat. Just like last time when you put the exact same Bilderberg post on 5 threads instead of one. What happens if we have another 10 people that also do that? Basically this site starts becoming full of double posts which are completely unnecessary and undesirable. Let's be reasonable here because I'm more than fair as a moderator so if I say something isn't allowed you should not take it as a personal attack and just do what I ask. And I'm not asking because I don't like Alex Jones but because of the aforementioned reason. Honestly I even find it kind of insulting that you would think that I would censor information based on my opinions about it. There were many articles that I considered important but I didn't start 5 threads with the same information right? If people are interested believe me they will find your video.

12. lisapower

lisapower Member

I understand now! I will respect the rules!

thanks!

13. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thank you Lisa. :mates:
    And trust me it sucks to be the one to have to tell people that they can't do something so it's certainly not something I enjoy. *no*

14. Feridan

Feridan Newbie

Found this recently, I though it was sh*t funny:

This isn't new, but worth remembering:

Obama confidant’s spine-chilling proposal
    Code:
    http://www.salon.com/2010/01/15/sunstein_2/
    Then there's that odd Maxine Waters statement from some time ago "The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life,"

She was probably talking about this:

Obama campaign gives database of millions of supporters to new advocacy group
    Code:
    http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/28/16726913-obama-campaign-gives-database-of-millions-of-supporters-to-new-advocacy-group?lite
    Perhaps it should read 'advocacy' group? Any tool that can be abused will be abused. Quotes will soon be banned.

It throws a very unfavourable light on the attitude Obama has towards his voters.

Here's a bit more on that database:
    Code:
    http://www.propublica.org/article/three-things-we-dont-know-about-obamas-massive-voter-database
    You can a see a trend there.

15. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Absolutely Feridan. When Obama first came to office I was amazed that so many sheeple couldn't see through the ridiculous facade. There's a good quote I wholly subscribe to:

Watch out for the fellow who talks about putting things in order! Putting things in order always means getting other people under your control.
    -Denis Diderot