U-phoria UMC204HD vs. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 vs. PreSonus AudioBox 96

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by blade81, Feb 18, 2019.

1. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Yes I agree on the Win 10 I installed it to test some things my pro 40 worked fine. A few of the Strindberg plugins stop working from the sister site with Reaper on win 10 so I moved back to win 7.

2. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

It might be the case with the 2i2 or 2i4 but the pro 40 is more up the line. But each to his own as you say, Haha

3. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

This aint UMC Midas designed pres my man...Huge difference ;) thos are 39$ behringer pres lol... get on the level with the UMC 202 or 404 HD with the Midas designed preamps ;) >>>>>>>check this out man>>> getcha pull on this sound test ;)
    to my ears and what i found in my own tests in my studio is the UMC Midas designed stuff sounds better to my ears...as it does in this video... tight clear bottom and clean upper range

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. adrenal_cortex

adrenal_cortex Noisemaker

U-phoria UMC204HD. I'm myself on a UMC202HD for 3 years now, and it has been serving me well for the 66 € I paid for it at that time. Truly a work horse.

5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

never used one so i cant make judgment but i agree with they get good reviews... honestly i use my SSL XL pres more than any pre amps i own but its cause i like the saturation/dirt i get from them on drums ;) I record alot of skins but for 100USD or so the Behringer UMC 202 and 404 HD with Midas pres are really good ... i never like the presonus audiobox or the Scarlett stuff from Focusrite...they sound dull to me and the bass is overwhelming ;) Behringer gives tighter low end and very clean not harsh upper register and sets in a busy mix build up really nice IMO >>>personally out of the small USB interfaces its my choice. But everyone has their own ;)

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

True on everyone has their own..