u-he.Zebra.v2.8.0.7730.CE and Reaper errors/crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by naitguy, Oct 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Reaper version (latest): 5.984

Zebra2 appears to install fine. Reaper launches fine. I try and add Zebra2 vsti, and I get an error that said something about access denied when writing C:\ProgramData\u-he\Zebra2.data\Presets\Zebra2\MIDI Programs\Midi.Bank.Cache.txt . I forget the exact error, but that's the gist of it. So I changed security on that file to give full access to the file, and relaunched Reaper.

Now when I try and add the Zebra2 vsti, Reaper (consistently) crashes with a runtime error. I checked the event viewer and there was an entry from Reaper there indicating an error, but it didn't seem to point to the cause.

I managed to get around THAT crash by running Reaper as administrator, but that seems unnecessary here, as this is the only plugin that's done that. In fact, u-he.Zebra.v2.8.0.7325.CE works without giving either of those errors, and without running Reaper as admin.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I might stick with 7325, so long as all the presets that came with 7730 will work with it.

3. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Well, looks like the presets are fine to work in my older version, so I'm fine just running 2.8.0.7325 instead of 7730, but I'd be interested if anyone had any ideas anyways.