U-he REPRO-5 Out & Zebra 2.8 Coming soon (Superbooth 2017)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Ankit, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ankit

Ankit Guest

I am excited about the Zebra update. :headbang:

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • List
  3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Me too ! I've desperately been spying on u-he forum on kvr for what's going on, hopefuly it will be there soon.

4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Whoa that fx section on Repro5 looks great!

5. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

cool repro one is good poly version is nice i think i will get this as well as zebra although where is 3?

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

reminds me on NI Pro 53 :D well finally polyphonic.

wow those pads!

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Well 3 will incorporate a few of the new things included in 2.8....And 2.8 won't come out before a few months probably...I don't think we'll get Z3 until the end of the year, maybe even in 2018....He also has other projects, amongs others things he is making a drum synth.

8. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Zebra v2.8 is last major update. After this, we'll see Zebra 3 someday in future.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  9. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

He seems to say the upgrade from Repro-1 to Repro-5 will be a good surprise

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah, I can't see how it could be otherwise. Some of us got Repro-1 at the intro price, but let's say you paid $100 for it. He's talking about selling the bundle for $130-150. So I can't see how he could charge existing Repro-1 users more than 30-40 bucks and say it''s going to make people happy. That would be tantamount to punishing people who have supported the project from the start.

I've seen it hinted that it will be a free addition. That would be great, but I won't hold my breath. If I have one criticism of u-he it's that they're pretty fussy about discounts, to the extent that they have them at all. I'm not too bothered by it though, due to their already very reasonable pricing, great support, and great communication with the user base to help manage expectations (never understood why this is so hard for other companies).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. saltwater

saltwater Guest

exciting stuff!
    [​IMG]

12. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Repro-5 is out. Zebra's next. :headbang: And here is comparison to hardware.

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Good vid. Had to pick Repro up finally. You get 1 and 5 together. I got it at 89$ on ebay about a week ago.

14. If I can swing it I really wanna pick this one up. I tried it out and it sounds super fine to me. 99 smackers is an amazingly good deal on this pretty much spot on analogue analog. The god of money has proven to be a fickle financier this year and it might need a sacrifice as well as eye of newt to shower me with its fruit of love. Let us pray....

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I hope it all works out for you. But in the event that spending the money isn't practical, do you still have the uh... "alternative" I gave you? If not you can pm me...

And before this even gets started: No, I didn't crack Repro nor do I have a crack for it.

16. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual