U-he RePro-1 public beta available now !

Discussion in 'Software News' started by inusable, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. inusable

inusable Producer

U-he RePro-1 public beta available now

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=472608

And :

"If you can't wait and/or if you wish to take advantage of the intro offer, here's a link to buy Repro-1 from our shop: Buy Repro-1 for 69$ (final price will be 99$, once officially released)"

[​IMG]

Personally, I already bought it, and played it, and created some homemade presets.
    This plugin is DOPE, sincerely (and I'm not at all endorsed by U-he, I swear !)

• Like Like x 11
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Apart from the fact that it sounds amazing, hows this for gorgeous gui design:

[​IMG]

Dem' U-he boys never disappoint!

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

So I've been testing it out for the past half hour and I'm pretty blown away by how incredible it sounds. As much as I am indifferent to monosynths, I cant deny that this thing sounds beautiful. I made some pads by recording a few individual notes and then summing them to one sample that I could trigger in my sampler and I was fucking blown away. Would LOVE to see a poly version but for now I guess this will have to do <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. inusable

inusable Producer

I totally agree ! (except i'm not indifferent to monosynths, they permit very different things compared to polysynths)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Certainly gives Monark a run for its money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

isn't already Diva for polysynth? or are they completely different?

would be nice to see a comparative video in the near future

8. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

would love to testdrive but urs surely put some stuff into it to disable his other not-quite-legit plugins...

9. mono

mono Audiosexual

@flashback23 Must be tone2 your thinking about u-he have never did anything like that.
    Only bad thing one could say about them is they never have sales ,only when there plugins are in beta can you get them cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Kloud

Kloud Guest

:yes: Yeah Diva is a polysynth with a different character.
    This of course an emulation of the Pro-One so this always designed to be monophonic.
    Pro-One was designed around the legendary Prophet 5 and meant to be a smaller monophonic partner of sorts.
    Turned out that Pro-One mixed waveforms different to Prophet 5 and had better modulation options amongst other things.
    Important thing was the curtis chip used on the filters.
    3320 filter chip was used in both Pro-One and Prophet 5 as well as a few other well known synths.
    That's why Urs spent some time testing filters etc and developing the filter algorithms in the alpha.
    Filters on this thing will be intense and it will be able to do some cool stuff other synths can't I expect.
    CPU in alpha was sometimes off the wall but I expect they will bring this down substantially like they did with Diva etc.
    Like written Monophonic synths can do some very cool things indeed but like everything u gotta spend some time with them.
    GUI looks so cool :yes:
    Like all u-he stuff expect this to be complete quality and seems a real good price to bag it now if u able :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I believe Urs said on KVR they're considering a price under $100.

That was a while ago, and given how fancy this thing has become, I'd be surprised to see that now. But Just letting everyone know its a possibility.

EDIT: stupid me. I didn't see the price was right there on the first post

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

I wouldn't use a plug in from this company if it was the last on earth. I'm sure its great though.
    (My bad I actually meant Tone 2 and not U-He )

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  13. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

Huh?! Why's that?

14. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

sounds not bad

15. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I downloaded this and stuck it on my non music pc and, surprisingly so as I'm a u-he fanboy, I'm quite underwhelmed by it.
    I've been following the development on kvr and was looking forward to igniting some old synapses from days past, but nope, it was not to be.
    Turn off the effects and it's a little emperor clothes.
    I liked the second preset and that was the highlight of the whole experience.
    It may well, according to some, be really accurate and modelled to the nth degree, but I don't recall the pro 1 being so naked.
    I'm definitely passing on this.

16. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Just tried it too and yeah, freaking heavy monop possibilities. Not sure if it's "better" than Monark and other well established monophatters. My bet is it's different. Honestly nothing revolutionnary at first sight and first hour tweaking it but a big ass monophonic plugin at 99$?

Your turn Native Instruments.

Oh, wait...

17. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Producer

It's modelled after the pro-1.

18. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Dan Worrall presents...

19. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I have to say I've sort of changed my opinion from my first experience with RP1 as written above. I haven't bought it yet, but have tried the latest version and I do think it's sounding authentic and is a great example of what U-he can release.
    I'll probably get it when the poly is available if it as good as expected and I'll be sure to demo that one without the ear muffs on.

Didn't find the second preset from the beta in the latest demo, though truth is it might be there but I forget the name. Anyone know that second preset or have the h2p or fxp?

20. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

@Aliens this synth will never be released as polysynth because it main idea be Mono. So if You like it no need to waste time.

21. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

u-he are actually preparing the public beta for repro-5, the poly version of this for the coming weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List