u-he Is A Small Stable Of High Priced Hoes

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbmuzik, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartlad

smartlad Member

And whats your point other than I got a great product at a excellent price?

I paid full price for Zebra if that makes you anymore butthurt:dunno:

2. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

Don't be an idiot. There is normally a free public beta. Obviously you choose weather to buy an early release but these are generally very stable releases.
    Its a marketing incentive obviously but as an adult you are expected to be able to make a choice & not cry about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

upload_2015-10-23_21-50-22.png
    this pic means:
    -these guys are 3x more dumb than the others
    or
    - here is a list of 3 dumb guys ( The Icemann, Klaudeballs and komplet, von berlin)
    ?
    3 of a kind. have been following all my comments and down-rating me.

please guys, stop getting too close to my ass, because sometimes i fart.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. wouala woualouf

says the guy who can have a job and a salary, and after paying all his bills, there's still left a nice bunch of Deuch Marks, sorry, i mean, euros.

it's so easy to spot those who never had any issues in their life, regarding cash, their speech smell all the same. i could make an excel sheet, with different names and countries, and drag each member to a country... based on your comments and behavior..i'm sure there would be only a few errors.

5. smartlad

smartlad Member

Hey man you've got no idea to make assumptions like that :dont:... He could be a single parent working 50/60 hours per week to survive for all you know and save up little by little over a 6-8 month period instead of buying smokes and booze to purchase 1 plugin. Believe it or not people actually do that :yes:

Quit moaning already.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  6. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Two words: premium pricing. Come on guys, this is Apple's entire business model lol. Nothing new here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premium_pricing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. complete

complete Producer

There is just one reason I rated your posts as dumb, because imho they are. You have a problem with it, ok keep it.
    Obviously you're not able to write our names correctly, that make you look even more dumb. It's a fact, face it.

And now sir, go ahead and do what you have to do. Come on pal, I know you want it. Just do it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Who cares fellas? What's so great about people is they are all unique in character and blessed to be free and share their opinions whether they are viewed as strong or weak ones. Everyone should keep their composure and enjoy themselves when sharing their opinions whether it's to agree or debunk the opinion of someone else. I've gotten quite a few "dislikes" and "dumbs" on some of my comments where most of the time those who click those buttons never share any solid words to indicate what they dislike, or what's dumb about it. So I look at it as they clicked those buttons "just because". Afterwards, do I look for their name everywhere in the thread so I can click the "dumb" button and return the favor? No. It's senseless. Even the ones I disagree with, I offer them an explanation as to why I disagree. So there's no need for me to click the dislike button in most cases just to hide in a tree and be spiteful. People should show up smiling.. even when they're about to talk some shit. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  9. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Again, you're complaining about a company's decision not to drop prices at your convenience (seriously, $129-$150 per VI is about normal and, in some cases, below normal price for a soft synth or VI) or give out coupons like the other software companies do. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCT!!! It's really that simple. Give your money to software companies that are more in line with your way of thinking. Trust me, if nobody buys U-he's products, they'll either change their pricing structure or they'll just go out of business. Until that happens, they're not beholden to you in any way. They don't have to give out coupons. Despite what you think, their business model must be working to some extent, because they're still around and they're not dropping prices, which means somebody's buying their stuff somewhere. I assume the reason you're really angry about this is because you actually do want their product, and really, the only way it works is if you give the company financial support to allow them to continue developing and upgrading their software. So either find some new favorite VIs or, you know, find other ways of obtaining the software you want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

BEST is to ignore them, looks like some here have nothing better to do with their lives. :hillbilly:
    I also see always the same *ghosts* down-rating my posts/comments. Some people need to
    create enemies/rivals in their braincells. :cheers: Wash them away with a good beer!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

it starts to sound like you have a personal grudge against this guy... reelz

12. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Well that depends in my country you dont get better payed for working hard only working extra time and even then you had to work alot of extra time to afford those plugins as the dollar currency is pretty bad

13. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

whats with you Mr. Kookaboo ? dont you needs to do it by yourselves , before you even have thinking to writing this above ?

14. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

You're right. Despite apple charging enormous sums of money for products that look nice but are actually not that high-end, people keep flocking to the apple store in droves, willingly bend over and happily take it in hard and rough in the wallet to earn their badge of trendiness. They even have the guts to put out a special "edition" smart watch with a price tag of over $10K - specially tailoured for those times when you're too lazy to reach into your pocket to take your phone out so you need the newest gold-plated toy on your wrist to satisfy your apathetic smugness. And so, of course, Apple is the richest corporation in the world.

I suppose I just wish the world wasn't this way. The idealist in me wants to believe it's more profitable to charge lower prices and have more potential customers, despite the evidence pointing to the contrary. U-he's software is extremely flexible, at least. I guess what I'm getting at is the huge price disparity compared to the rest of the software market. I can buy an entire DAW for less than the price of 1 u-he plugin. The MCreativeBundle sells for $400 and contains around 20 different plugins. I can buy an entire OS for about the same price as Presswerk, or I could download Linux for free. My intention is not to belittle their work, but as good as their plugins may be, do they really have the same or higher utilitarian value as an OS? Or hell, an encryption suite, or an office suite? Just for one plugin? Anyhow, what do I know... Guess comparing these markets is like apples to oranges.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  15. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

no shit!!.. my heart is still beating as well... no omni either... had that come out 3-4 months earlier, it would be sitting on my comp. wastin space as we speak.

16. wouala woualouf

I could buy u he bundle 100 times and still have enough to buy a big Mac menu. Or is it 99 times? 88?

You know what? Yesterday, I wanted to see if hive is really that incredible fantastic synthetic everybody should buy.
    So I downloaded the uhe pack, and installed it.

I previewed about 1500 sounds during a couple of hours.and...
    I must say I'm ultra disappointed with it. Or maybe not, as I was expecting it to be a sylenth clone.

Sounds look all the same.heards that pluck, that analog pad, that bass 800 times already. Not a single sound made me say wow, this sound is incredible, never heard it before. Effects, leads, everything look classic.
    Sylenth is 100 times more warm, with 10 times less features, routing, effects, etc.
    And that's the power of sylenth. A simple sound will sound warm and fantastic.

Is it worth the 150 euros? Shit no. Max 99 euros would already be nice. But because it's a sylenth clone, it only needed to cost slightly less than sylenth... hence the 150 euros tag.

Really disappointed, really.

That thing was removed from my hard drive, and couldn't care less if it will time bomb or not. Will never know by myself.

Now I see and understand something : for some people, having the uhe logo on it is enough to run and buy it.*hey, uhe released the new xxx plug-in or yyy synth. Will grab it right now, it can only be fantastic.*

I really regret installing that uninspiring HIVE synth.

17. wouala woualouf

I couldn't care less about u he plug-ins. When I say I would buy it, I mean, make at least a tiny price drop so more people who want to go legit can afford it.

Your logic isn't that logical...
    If I can spend 139, I can wait and pay 189.
    Yeah, if I can buy a 12000 car... damn, I could also wait 5 years, and buy a 25000 model. Hey, if I wait another 10 years, I can buy a 45000 one. And why not waiting until I'm 85... I could probably buy a cheap ferrari?

18. wouala woualouf

You can't be serious. You can't be selling the best plug-ins ever! How can you write music now, without zebra, without a compressor..

If you own a studio and have several clients/projects, they're gonna hire someone else, now that they know you will be composing and mastering without those uhe plug-ins. A true tragedy.
    Please don't do that.please.

19. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Diva actualy recreates the synths it's modeled after extremely accurate. E.g.: the two oscillators of the hardware ms20 don't swing exactly in unison. The resulting beats make for an imperfect, kind of lively and organic sound. The oscillators of Korg's software version of the ms20 are perfectly in sync, resulting in a much duller and more sterile sound. Diva is the only vsti I know of that reproduces these imperfections.

You are right. Most people who listen to our music won't know the difference. But that's not my standard and that's not where I aim. And if you're satisfied with what suffices for most people, I truly feel for you :)

20. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

Oh dear i hope you are ok & have got over your experience. You know you can make your own sounds right?
    You know what, I also did not think much of hive. I already have DIVA ACE & Bazzille & these are much more to my liking so i didn't buy it. Incidentally i have sylenth1 when it first came out. I recall so many people complained about how much it costs on release. I have since bought other VSTis that i go to over sylenth1 & have uninstalled it. I have never felt the need to become what amounts to being 'mardy' on the internet about such things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List