u-he Is A Small Stable Of High Priced Hoes

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbmuzik, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

I bought and use only Hive from u-he. This Is IT!

2. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

It's your problem
    seeing wrong things, I only stated what U-he officially said and added my opinion.
    But you probably don't know nothing about Germany and its history, so better move on.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

bought Hive and use legit Sylenth1 now only :deep_facepalm:
    i wanted a legit Hive key.

im not from germany, but i do know about its history.

and whats with what urs said? when i own a company i would do the same as Urs does. that was his force behind his cool protections.

4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

There absolutely is a reason... and that reason is the free market.. he made it.. he owns it..and he can do what he likes with it...

no one has to like what he made, what he does , or how he markets, and prices, you are still free to not buy his product
    if you don't like his business practices

people are also free to boycott and denigrate someone like Tone2's Markus , who is on a completely other level of nasty,
    all the same, it is his product to do with as he chooses, and we are free to not buy it and decry him for the
    unprincipled a-hole that he is....

it really sounds like just butthurt coz you can't afford it... if I can't afford a 1960's stratocaster, well.. I don't blame the market..
    or the owners of those guitars... I would still like to have it.. but I have made a choice that I won't pay the ridiculous prices
    asked for them.. simple...

I am totally neutral in u-he products.. I have tried some of them.. and just meh... there are a ton of nice sounding synths
    some of them oldies and one offs.. available right there on the Z, so I don't feel put out at all.. over one company doing this
    or that with their products...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

@ Mr. Kookaboo , if you have a real job , do you work or want work for free ?

whats wrong with having a company and paying the worker ?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

sure he will work for free, because its all about sharing (work force)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

"I want an real job with an company" wouldn't look good on anyone's resume.

8. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

[​IMG]

Guys, it doesn't make sense to talk to some of you.
    I have WORK to do, not so much time to debate here.
    Grab the best ever Plug-In MUTE! for FREE @ https://twitter.com/bluecataudio
    ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

9. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

simple , just try and do anything for that

yes because i cant read your capitalism bs all that time over the many years , just move to another country where they like you and capitalism does not exist .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I'm quite aware of what marginal cost is. Servers, technical support, marketing, etc are NOT free. Welcome to the world of business. This is your first lesson. Nothing is free. Nothing. Putting out a product, even a digital one, has associated costs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Ferdinand Porsche was an automotive engineer and founder of the Porsche car company. He is best known for creating... the Volkswagen Beetle and btw: 2014 Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo - 2,000,000 $. you can get 4 or 5 Porsches for that. Bad example.
    If you don’t like threads that lead nowhere, just don’t read them.. and certainly don’t waste time posting. That’s how it works. (cmmon we all have a bit of COD here :))

Like this sw company is (are) making their calculations, so am I. Can I make (more, lots,…) of money /w their sw and no other can serve me for this purpose? So somebody, please, on the informative side:

Is this software mandatory to “make a hit”? (cause from some posts seems like there is some magic involved)

Is it so different that the sound can’t be replicated /w any other plugin? (like minimoog vs DX7)

Is it used on (almost) every “over50 million views” music video? (If I can’t make a demo for Ariana, Taylor, Justin.. and similar - I will buy it immediately)

I currently own Sylenth, Omni2, (Massive), Kontakt (for piano and keys) and FM8 (just for the tx81z Lately Bass sound). Can I live /w this??

Oh and please don’t give me that “the oscillators are better, the filter is sooo creamy sh*t”, cause 99%+ of my audience doesn’t notice the difference between plugs and only 0.002% will listen to my music on Focal Grande Utopia speakers.

12. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

If you were aware of what marginal cost is.. why did you use it totally out of context?

Here you have the audacity to act as if you're smoothing some logic over. "If I sell to 100 people at $1 I get $100.. If I sell to 20 people at $10 I get $200". How twisted is that logic? You want it to appear to a fool perhaps that it's more profitable to rip-off a shorter number of people than to present a fair deal to a larger number. I like how you dropped the price to $1 for the 100 people just so the total would be lower in order to support that nonsense. What if you sell it to 100 people at half-price.. that would be $5 correct? Now that's $500 vs $200 profit in favor of the better deal. You aint sayin nothin slick to a can of oil.

13. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

True, but there are external factors which affect demand as well, one of these being the popularity of your product, and the prices of competing products. If say u-he lowered their prices, it would not only increase demand for their products, it would decrease the demand for alternatives, and end up shifting their demand curve. (lol I'm only in my first year, I'm trying hard xD) Over time, this would highten their overall profit margins by shifting the equilibrium point to a place with higher revenues. Overall I think the prices in the plugin market are often exorbitant, there seems to be an artificial inflation held over from the days of analog gear which took many resources to produce each unit. Plugin manufacturers can capitalize on that, or they can go against the flow and move the supply to a more reasonable position, in line with the rest of the software market and capitalize even more. It's good to see developers like valhalla, klanghelm, tdr, etc going in that direction.

14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

you cant imagine how much artwork and these teaser video cost. finishing up audio demos take also a lot time, also all the coding to let the plugins run smooth in the end all takes time. urs is full time into this and he has some other co-workers, working with or for uhe. they all want to get paid for their work.
    just check how intuitive and fresh the new features are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

you forgot about the Bugatti Veyron, which was designed and manufacted by VW, this ones was sold for 2 mio €, but the manufacturing price was 3 times higher. yes this example doesnt work.

urs will enjoy this topic ... :disco:

16. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

How is marginal cost not exactly what I said? as you sell more copies, more technical support/bandwidth/etc is required--thereby increasing the cost of producing more copies. I do have a degree in economics and finance... And I can afford U-He plugins. That should speak volumes.

17. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

Pretty much the reason i hardly ever use this forum is here in this thread.

18. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

It seems to me that bashing others for no good reason is as popular as it has always been in human history.

Some companies might deserve it, but U-He?
    C'mon, get serious.

I can hardly remember any other company giving away so many great freebies,
    then they offer demo versions of every product that are somewhat crippled but without any iLok key or stupid online demo activation, and they're not so bad we couldn't properly evaluate them,
    and finally all you need to register is a serial number.

How much better could it get? :dunno:

19. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Yes that's true! But as you (or the most here) don't understand German, it's useless to give you a link
    to a video where he says that he made some Audio Demos himself, in the past. What I know is that
    running a serious company in Germany isn't an easy game @ all. It's not that much difficult to open
    a business but staying alive & competitive is a tough "experiment". The land has not high base salaries
    but many, many rules and paragraphs and to start a business you'll need a business plan & cash.

20. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

do you think uhe is making you a favor and being nice to you, by letting you pre-order a plugin, a few months before release? do you think they are being gentle because you and we are such nice people, and because you are such a nice guy, he will let you save 30% ?

basically, you are paying his salary in advance. if you don't like the product when it's finally released, well, too bad, you already paid for it, and he already have your money on his deutch bank account.

if you weren't giving him money in advance, he wound NEVER make a price drop, or an introductory price. he would release it fULL PRICE, eat it or not.
    you may be paying 30% less, during the introductory period, but by doing that, he is assuring a few thousands sales in advance.
    just imagine you sell some vegetables, and 5 months before, without knowing if the weather will be fine or not, etc, people will pay you in advance for your vegetables. 5 months before, you may be able to hire some cheap workers, and save even more cash, while still keeping the same sale price. cool, huh ?