u-he Is A Small Stable Of High Priced Hoes

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbmuzik, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

It could be interesting to know if they use legit stuff and cracked versions, all togheter (...it's not so weird supposing such situation). Months ago I was chatting with a user which still was using a cracked version of Nicky Romero Kickstart even if it owned the legit one... :deep_facepalm:

2. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Dont forget all the bloody brilliant stuff he has given away for free.

Beatzille, TyrellN6, Zebralette, Triple Cheese, Podolski, Zebra|CM.

@dbmuzik
    What have you done for the musical community thats any where as useful?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

magware != freeware

4. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Useful to/for who? There's but one person you should concern yourself with when asking that question.. you. What I find useful, and what I do to assist anyone else is not a genuine concern of yours. You weren't asking me for help, and your name wasn't called either.. that's enough proof for you to see you should take a look at yourself, your motives, and question only those.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  5. upliftom

upliftom Member

What if i told you that the thread creator is Urs himself doing some good marketing?

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. iownu1000

iownu1000 Noisemaker

hahaha, that would actually be pretty smart...

BTW that's an awesome profile pic

7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i think you are a stupid person trying to sound very intelligent

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Don't insult me.. haha. Good one though. I hope all can have fun in replying as I had when writing this. I don't see how anyone has room to act mad at what I said. The bulk of it was to entertain a little. u-he would have to pay me to represent them in court. Still, I see much of the same logic here as some football fans show.. they give the teams their money and will even go further and fight, stab, shoot each other in the parking lot to represent their team.. although they are not truly on the team.. and the real players on the team who rake in their money don't even go to those extremes themselves.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  9. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

I don't have any experience using Nicky Romero Kickstart plug-in, but I can see myself using pirated versions of certain pieces of software even if I would have the legit copy. For example, Native Instruments stuff. Their software is absolute top-notch and it's not even that their protection scheme is all that intrusive. I just wouldn't want to cope with that stupid service center of theirs. So, as long as the crack is good and it doesn't timebomb, I'd probably use a pirated version over the legit one. I can't think of too many on the top of my head, but I'm sure people will have similar experiences with other pieces of software.

To take another example, I know Savant uses like a pretty old version of FL Studio. I think it was something like FL Studio 7 or 8. Now, I'm not completely sure but I don't think you could still get that version of their official website. Let's assume his system crashes and he needs to re-install but doesn't have his FL Studio 7 or 8 installer laying around anymore. At that point, piracy would become a solution even if he does own the legit version. Don't ask me why he uses this very old version of FL Studio, I think it had something to do with certain workflow compatibilities that got changed. Clearly updating to the newest version and all of its improvements isn't worth it for him over losing those few things that he would lose out on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  10. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

You actually come across as pretty immature in your hoe analogy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

It means everyone should understand that any chastising shit they say to another on the internet has no merit. It doesn't depict whether one would say the same to another in the street, or if they would cross to the other side of the street in fear and not say anything at all. What you just said serves as a good example to that.. it's pointless.

12. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

I thought we were past this shit ... if he wants to have his say let him ...less of the insults if you dont like what you read move on ...II thought we were past getting into this kind of shit again ...are people stupid whining about warez yes of course ... but i think its more stupid flaming this thread and giving it credit ... come on we have had enough of this in the last month ...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

I didn't read all the comments because I was brutally stopped by KingSchlongXVII's avatar.
    F..K! What a fine ass:woot:! That's the sexiest avatar I EVER seen since my birthday on the web (1995)!
    If these buttocks belongs to your gal, congrats then :like:.

Btw, what are we talking about... U-h... who?...

14. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

Exactly.
    Just take the 2 German brands. Bosch/Siemens and Miele.
    Bosch have amazing fantastic appliances that often last 20, 30 years and more, they make as much as 85% discount to retailers, who can then sell them at prices as low as 300-400 euros, instead of 2000-2500+ euros. They sell millions and millions. And most products, even the 'less good' are easily A, which is already great. Everybody buys them, a true standard.

Then, we have Miele. They have sturdy models, for a professional and intensive usage, and they have the classic models, for every day's usage, for you and me. Often, their models don't even get close to the A+++ , and are rather between B and A+. If we compare them with the Bosch and their top A+++ models, we can say they are inferior.

BUT Miele refuse to sell their appliances at less than 90-80% of the full price, and a 3000 euros appliance can be found, with some luck,mat 2500-2600 euros max. When they could as well make some industry standard 40-50% discount. But they don't accept it, and will go after any seller who will make huge discounts.
    Why? Because they want their clients to think 'OK, this Bosch at 450 euros can't be as good as this 2300 euro miele. For sure, the Miele version, is much much better, the quality is much higher, because that high price can only mean top quality.'

And so the Miele brand costs 3-4 times more. But is it 4 times better ?

Uhe plug-ins aren't the less expensive, for sure. If they were sold at 15 euros each, maybe the guys who claim the plugs are the best plug-ins ever, today, they would be saying 'oh, at 15 euros, you get what you pay for', 'they are not bad, for its price', etc.

but at 200 euros, people will automatically associate a high price with a top quality. It's expensive, but it's good.

but how good is the 150 euros sylent1 clone ?made with the sole intention of grabbing the sylenth1 clients who want another sylenth1 -like vsti , with a nice raytraced 3d interface and a bunch of presets?

Don't know if you have noticed, but the more you move to the East, the lower prices are. USA prices are also very correct.often.

Melda productions(checz)... Reveal sounds(russia) (spire was recently sold at barely 100 euros instead of 170+), D16, poland, synthmaster (turkey, can easily be bought at 60 euros with permanent coupons), voxengo (russia), PSP audioware (poland), etc etc.

US companies also offer great plug-ins at great prices, cakewalk often make great price reductions, a few months ago, z3ta2 could be bought at only +20 dollars instead of 99$.

Then, we reach countries like Germany, and we have nexus 300 euros kind of prices. Or Outloud Breverb(italy), at 200 euros "hey, we emulate hardware that used to cost 20'000 euros. So, feel yourselves lucky, because you can have an emulation for a fraction of the hardware" yeah, really?

are most plug-ins sold at ultra high prices, so all the pros who want quality just think 'it's expensive, then, it's good'
    is Hive, with some quick copy-paste code from zebra and diva and its 2000 presets almost entirely created by kvr beta testers, worth 150 euros?

If companies had all sold their plug-ins, since 2000, at 800 euros each, and 3500 euros for a DAW, today, people would be calling a 350 euro plug-in 'a great offer', a Cubase 8.5 update at 450 euros would be a fantastic price, and a 500 euro compressor/limiter would be 'an offer no one should miss'.
    *hey, Valhalla roomverb plug-in will only cost 360$ during the next 2015 black-friday* incredible, can't miss it. Will also buy a little arpeggiator at 280 $*

What about devs trying to reach more people, by reducing their prices by 10 or 20%, and still making as much, or even MORE money out of the sales? Is it too hard to do?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

I pay for the shit I use, so I don't have to whine like a little entitled time-bombed baby on forums. That is a fact.

Still waiting for your actual evidence that there is something wrong with U-He products.

You are the one that came on this public forum and bad-mouthed (very poorly by the way) a reputable company that makes products that I have been using for years. If you don't want the push back then don't start the threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

U-Hoe ? :hillbilly:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

So is the Presswerk Comp. Especially the Drumbuss Setting

18. smartlad

smartlad Member

It's worth every penny.. I must admit I didn't pay full price and also used a coupon along with the intro price. So yeah I think I paid around half price for it... Hmmm what was that you were saying about poor marketing?? :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

It depends on the persons, their tastes & will to spend money on software.
    I had bought NI Absynth4 years ago and it was more expensive but Absynth4 is in my opinion
    one of the best software Synths ever built, for my approach to electronic music!

Mr.Heckmann (U-he) himself said openly - on a clip @ Youtube - that he's in the business for profit, not for fun.
    That sort of "split mentality" is a thing I don't admire at all in German people. That strong mental separation
    between fun versus work is rather typical for persons with German brains, which I don't judge as negative but limiting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I don't really have much experience with U-he, beyond Satin 1.0 (and my version doesn't appear to have the time-bomb, thankfully), but if you don't like their products, or at least their business and security practices, why not spend your money elsewhere? Is there anything that U-he offers than no one else does? For example, I like Satin well enough, but if I had money to burn, I'd immediately invest in Slate's tape plug, which seems to do the same thing, only a lot better, and if I had both money to burn and the hardware to support it, I'd just go straight for UAD's Ampex and Studer plugs. If Satin had time-bombed on me, there's countless other tape plugs in the same league I could use -- Waves, Airwindows, Tone Boosters, etc. If you're actually capable of buying plugs and VIs, why wouldn't you simply buy the ones you want and ignore the ones you don't? I get that you're using this forum to complain about a company you don't like, but your argument is akin to going out into your back yard with a shovel, digging up your own sewage system, scooping out a handful of shit with your bare hands and screaming "THIS SHIT REALLY STINKS!!!" to anyone who will listen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List