U-he Hive arpeggiator not synced when playback with Studio One

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blue, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Hi guys,

Like said in the title Hive (last version,with WT) makes me crazy with its arpeggiator/sequencer which doesn't want to be synced to my host,Studio One v4.I'm on Win 10 Pro,last update.My soundcard is a RME UCX,last drivers and firmware.

It's strange because when I "playback" a midi event(1 Bar note) in a project that already has many tracks,the Hive's arpeggiator and sequencer(1/16th steps) don't play all the 16 steps as it should,it repeats the 2 first steps and then it goes untill step 14,and repeats the 2 first steps untill the step 14.(This track hasn't any FX plugin)
    I've tried the different settings in Hive's Arpeggiator but it never works properly.

It's yet more strange because when I render in audio this track(Hive with this arpeggiator preset) and this event(1 Bar),all is fine,I hear that all the 16 steps of the Hive's arpeggiator are correctly read.

But I can't get Hive working well when playing in midi when I've inserted Hive in a project with many others tracks(various synth plugins,various FX plugins,many audio tracks),even though for example Reveal Sound Spire works well in Arpeggiator mode.

So I don't think the problem comes from Studio One...(even though it's not the first time I noticed bugs with various synth's built-in arpeggiators,like Rob Papen Subboombass for example;I don't remember the others,sorry)

And If I open an empty project and then I insert a Hive track,with this same preset (arpeggiator),the same midi event(1 Bar note),Hive works properly.

It's like if Hive has a problem of sychronization if I have others plugins in the project.

I've tried Hive vst2 and hive vst3 but nothing resolves the problem.

I've tried different latencies but the problem remains identical.

Anybody have an idea?

(sorry for my English not perfect yet)

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I saw something yesterday,
    Hive's built-in arpeggiator works as it should as long as the other tracks in the project don't introduce any latency.
    I can only get Hive's arp working correctly if its track introduces more latency than the other tracks in the project.

For example if the total latency of all tracks in Studio one is 250 ms,Hive will only work if I lay on its track for example a pro-Q in linear phase which introduces more than 250 ms.

I don't know if the problem is Hive or Studio one,but at least I know where the problem comes from.But it comes probably from Hive because some other synths work well.

No more idea for solving this issue,please?