(u-he.com) Hive 1.0 Ready

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, May 19, 2015.

1. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

May be i'm completely wrong for years.
    ppl buy audio softs JUST because they can't get them cracked (like Bazille vs ACE).
    Like they buy yogurts.
    If it is like this...it is time to kill the whole scene. And the whole music industry with it.
    Where is my (bought) guitar ?
    Ah yeah, in front of me :beg:

2. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Seems a pointless argument for me to some degree :dunno: I would add that this in no way aimed at anyone in particular.
    Don't know why so many people down on u-he. They make good stuff bottom line.
    Protection is not obtrusive, simple & effective. A lot of users respect that fact.
    Urs's opinions are his own & don't mean anything special to me but he entitled to think the way he does and am sure he has his reasons.
    Also like any other DEV he is perfectly entitled to protect his software however he chooses.
    His pricing policy seems pretty fair to me and not unlike other many other companies.
    You can also buy stuff presale at a reasonable discount and they also gave away a $25 dolllar voucher for doing a tiny questionaire.
    Makes no difference too me personally if something cracked and never will.
    If I demo it and like it and am lucky enough to have a bit of spare cash then I maybe buy it. Otherwise I don't.
    People moan and bitch about way too without the full facts & figures laid out but most likely those kind will always find something to moan about even when you point out common sense facts. However if it makes them happy then cool :yes:
    Some seem pretty damn angry about everything.
    U-he doing well and that's for a good reason. People don't spend hard earned money for no reason.
    Simple enough if you like it & it suits you and you lucky enough to have some spare cash then go ahead & buy it.
    If You don't like them or the product then move on, find something else to bitch or become a politician where u can talk shit & bitch all day whilst getting paid for doing it.

3. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

I do not bitch or moan, i just speak.

I dont understand the comment he make is all. Does not a dev learn from making 1 product which makes newer products better? Is this not a reason to add to sales?

Does Studio1 v3 sell more than v2, does v2 sell more than v1? They learn they improve they sell more.

Many reasons for extra sales, maybe copy protection is 1 piece of reason, but clearly it cant be the only reason. Unless the plugins are the same recycle stuff with new grafix and only new copy protection.

In the other thread i attack the idea that poor people should not make music, i do not know this person, i do not attack him personally, only his idea of who should be allowed to make music.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i could swaer i saw your nickname on kvraudio too. well.

5. Clandestine

Yep I agree with u totally on lerkjerk that was a ridiculous comment.

I even agreed because even if u broke making a bit of music can be therapeutic.

I know a few people with no cash, no food & loads of problems in well rough areas that get together and like hammer on a plastic drum and mess about thats music in my book.
    Want to make it also clear that a few people think that people only poor etc in third world areas. Total misnomer in my book. I have quite a few friends living in the most deprived areas living totally below the breadline. They not drug addicts, not scumbags but just normal everyday people. However they barely have enough money to feed themselves or even run their electric so if I mentioned Diva or Bazille they would be like WTF man can't even run my electric. People forget that & falsley assume that all westernised countries are full of wealthy people. Total rubbish! Plenty of my mates work their arse of 90 hours a week and still can't pay their rent, buy decent food and running a computer or buying software pffft they'd kick shit out of me if I even suggested that sort of nonsense :)

Wan't to make it clear that I was not referring to u at all or anyone really but it came across from some people like a personal attack on u-he & Urs.

Sure not everyone agrees with his policies but then again there many other DEVs that don't offer ANY discount, help or pre-sales etc so it just seemed a little unfair in my eyes.

EDIT I also don't think the prices are excessive Give me Zebra at 199 or Diva over Nexus any day but that's just me & others will disagree

Everyone can have an opinion and I respect that but to single one DEV out is not really a true reflection of the problem etc and a bit narrow minded imho :mates:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

I also wanted to clear that i am not trying to attack anyone definately not a dev for copy protection. Just some of his ideas so strange to me. I do find making music to be therapeutic, and i am not rich, this is why i took it almost personally.

And my comment i do not try to argue with you, my reply is simply to make clear i dont want to try to just pick some fight for no reason (with users or this dev). The information you have shared here (and with me since i am here) in other threads i find unable to place a price on. I appreciate it very much, and hope you do not take what i write in negative way.

Peace and love.

7. Clandestine

I totally agree lerkjurk it was a sickening comment.

My comment here was not aimed at you at all because what u said made sense rather than some of the other inane comments that were simply like personal attacks on one dev etc.

I don't like that personally but hey that's maybe their opinion and they entitled to it even if I disagree.

:mates:

8. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

I hope post #44 have explain better what i try to say in #41. Having mod mark my post as dumb is something i have try hard to not have happen. :dunno:

9. Clandestine

I can't comment there mate only to say I've said plenty of stuff that others will think is dumb so wouldn't worry.

As far as I can see just about all u said made pretty good sense to me it was mainly others who were trading insults and talking economics and unrelated stuff whereas constructive points are always cool so no worries :wink:

10. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

U-He intervention was because I stated Bazille was not so well known because it was not cracked.
    So they said Bazille sold more in 6 months than ACE in 6 years.

That's why i said may be i was wrong for years, thinking ppl bought things because they could, not JUST because it was not cracked.
    And "lerkjurk" added it was probably not only protection :wink:

To me, it is not only protection. First, U-He is more well known. Second, their Bazille beta was nicely made. Third, Bazille is very unique sounding (check Aalto, too...and ACE :bleh:) and may be more positive points.
    But U-He was just saying it was protection witch helped sells.

If it is right, i say it once again, it is time to kill the whole audio scene.
    Because scene "feed" ppl with money they just DON'T want to spend. And when product is uncracked, they do it.

I thought, for years, ppl where buying things when they could. Now, i'm less and less certain about this point.
    A balance between 6 vs 72 months is :woot:

On my side, i was not trying to downrate U-He : most synths sound amazing (even if i don't like Hive and Zebra sound signature). They do presale, intro price and more. Very clever protection because it aims at power users, not the average Joe (U-He said it several times...and timebombs tell it)...
    I totally like devs use a good protection : no dongle, and no hassle for legit users.

It is just hard for me to realize i'm probably wrong about audio scene and the usual "try and buy", witch most ppl (even with big money) take as "free gift" :dunno:

11. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

You guys really need to try to stick with the original topic. What does VST or Presets collecting and all the various opinions on developers and such have to u-he releasing Hive???
    Get back on Topic guys !!

12. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Because all was about : like or don't like.
    And in this domain, all is said.
    If you remove side comments, you just get "yeah ! Very easy and nice sounding !" or "Meh...not so impressive for the price".
    There is nothing ground breaking. Just a good synth, with a good sound, to replace or be your main go-to synth.
    On my side, Serum, Spire and Sylenth have already over-crowned this segment :wink:
    But U-He will come and tell us it will sell better than all of them because it is not cracked :rofl:
    Sorry, it is time for me to leave. There is really nothing "special" to say about this synth. Especially at 149 now.

13. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I find everybody's point on the subject to be moot and without any Merit. All the above points on if they sell better because they are not cracked is Bullshit. They are Cracked and have been for a long time now, but very very Internal and Urs knows but as long as they do not get leaked and he does not have to spend countless hours changing up the code. All is good.

14. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

You could not be any more wrong. The only thing that Ace and Bazille have on common is the fact that they are both Modular based. That is it!! The oscillators , filters, hell even the synthesis engine is different. Bazille is a beast compared to Ace. And to get back on TOPIC. Hive is actually very good imho, well worth the 99 I paid for it. When it came down to I had to figure out if I wanted Dune2 or Hive. I chose Hive over Dune2 for 3 reasons.... 1.) the price 2.) the support. 3.) free updates

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. johnw

johnw Kapellmeister

How to use Bazille 2566 beta in your DAW . Search internet for RunAsDate program , run this and set a back date like 4 august 2014 , load in this program your favorite DAW like Studio One or Reaper and Bazille 2566 beta will still work .

16. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

That is my point! Bazille is beast compared to ACE. Dont you think that is portion of more sales?

For dev to say more sales is ONLY because is not cracked, is to belittle all the work in bazille, to belittle the skills the dev have learned over all this years since ACE release.

17. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I find it hard to understand what you are saying here. Comparing Studio One and all it's upgrades Vs, The 5 synths that Urs makes has me confused.
    Actually.. if you look at from his point of view, That makes a lot of sense, he is making more money because his stuff, (although very much cracked but not public) is not up on the market for any one to steal and use and is not costing him sales and what about the waste of Money it would take to pay to have some one to reconfigure the protection scheme. Fuck!! That is a lot of work, plus he would have to contact every single legit user and have them update ETC ETC Lets take Sylenth1 as an example.. It got cracked right away and almost put LennarDigital out of Business I would hate to see that happen to Urs. BTW.. All his stuff is cracked and has been for a long time now but if you read my post above.... I have said enough

18. Clandestine

I can't comment upon sales lerkjurk and don't want to talk about how if something 'cracked' it affects sales because I don't have the facts and figurever as Mykal said Bazille is indeed a monster. Has so much potential. It takes a little time to get used to the interface/routing etc for some but it is a fabulous piece of kit.
    Some are starting to realize the potential and coming out with some great preset packs but of course making your own is the goal I guess.
    I think personally Hive is much more user friendly.
    As far as Hive is concerned for me personally making presets is a breeze and again is a great bit of kit. I purchased it presale as I did with Bazille also and like mentioned at 99 dollars it's an absolute bargain IMHO.
    Personally I can't think of many if any synths at that price that comes close to that. I'm sure others may disagree.
    Of course the price gone up now for me it's a fabulous bit of kit.
    For me personally all u-he stuff is quality & imho the pricing structure is fair and u always normally get the chance to purchase presale etc. Whether it cracked etc doesn't interest me personally all though it does offer a chance to try but then again u-he always give you the opportunity to demo stuff so can't complain as any stuff I intend on using long term I will purchase if I have the cash.

Personally I think Hive is fantastic but am sure others have different ideas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

@Mykal Well i was going to reply but you erased the part i was going to reply to.

I think i will cease to discuss this dev around here from now on. I apologize to all offended.

20. xsze

xsze Guest

MUX Modular, does everything as both of them and more, cheaper too, sounds on pair with them :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List