U-He and others: No working cracks?

Discussion in 'PC' started by hfeuhfz7342hf724, Feb 21, 2013.

1. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

Was bored so came around with an interesting discussion about cracking where Urs from U-he claimed that there wouldn't be any working crack for decent plugins:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367492&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Obviously it's rather useless to discuss such matter on KVR, so I ask the 'pros': Is that really true, are there no working versions of Zebra, Dune, Fabfilter etc?

I myself hadn't any issues which I noticed with Zebra and Fabfilter stuff (Dune I do not use often).

3. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

I don't get the point. :dunno:

There are several working Releases!

4. hfeuhfz7342hf724

Yes, that's the point - are there really? He claims that his time bombs take a long time to trigger.

5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Well it can take years now THAT is a long time for try before you buy i dont have an internet connection on my studio PC so i have never have those problems other have so no call home here to trigger timebombs.

6. hfeuhfz7342hf724

Well time bomb have nothing to do with Internet connection, there has to time some kind of counter which triggers the bomb, Internet or not.

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i had no problem with U-He plugins cracked. well when you cut the internet access of your DAW you should be save. (atleast with the last xmas releases we have seen)

8. hfeuhfz7342hf724

Well I hadn't any problems that I know of...so maybe he's just lying. The dude from Dune also says that his synth isn't cracked properly. :wow:

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

for urs was it challenge to make his plugins hard to crack :)
    and who says the last releases of his plugin were cracked in one day? maybe they tried for a few months and in the end his stuff got cracked over xmas.
    anyway :) i have here no problems with the whole h-he plugin family. no timebombs or whatever.
    all 3rd Party Soundsets are working here. dont know what you mean.

most of the people are to dumb to give the daw no internet access - like i do :)
    when i forgot to firewall my ableton and opened zebra2 i got in a minute dark and i had to reinstall and guess what after firewalling - no problems with zebra or any other plugins.

10. BlueNote2

BlueNote2 Newbie

U-he say a lot of bs . No working crack ? Really?
    Find then the DOA working package , with serial , and you don't need a crack anymore :wink: .

11. onekill

onekill Newbie

Ok so i just have to ask about this... First of all, I'm on Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73), latest as of now.
    So, I previously had a non working crack of Zebra2 2.7.0 (reg to Guenter Raler) (au wouldn't open in logic, au crashes ableton).
    Then i installed the latest trial package (v2.7.2) from u-he.com, blocked everything, including the components themselves, with "Hands Off!" and...
    ...Now it just works? (registration is still there)

Is this just a timebomb illusion, or is this for real? Anyone done this before?

12. onekill

onekill Newbie

I mean, obviously i thought that this reg name/serial would be blacklisted in the latest download.

13. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Who cares what Urs says... You have all his plugs ready to be tested, so You can see for Yourself who is talking bull.

I don`t understand the rant against the "reversers", after he said they are the reason of 20% added revenue ?!?

...but yeah, everyone sees the world in a different way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

Urs is the guy who likes to brag a lot on forums and has a big mouth. Prolly loves his Bavarian brew. Won't blame him, I love it too very much. But he knows, as soon as he admits his stuff is cracked the shit out of it, he's fucked. So he needs to keep the legend of his "invincibility" alive. He doesn't have much choice.

15. onekill

onekill Newbie

Well, it really seems to work! Thanks, randomness!

16. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Can't speak for much of u-He's identikit, outmoded software, but Dune still works ok. But there are far better options. Problem w/ devs like this is their entitlement, and their thought that it's ok for their (legit) software to act like ransomware, phoning home / crashing things etcs. I put them in w/ Tone2. Never again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Ankit

Ankit Guest

No problem till now with r2r and v.r releases. R2R mentioned somewhere that u-he is not the toughest security they have managed to crack.

18. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

For the price paid? It's cracked just right!

25 years for it to kick in might not be what he was hoping for though!!!

I've said this before though and I'll say it again. If the developers had an infinite demo policy, that only people who made money from their plug-ins had to pay for, crack teams would never have come about, and the whole idea of having something for nothing culture wouldn't have arisen!