Typing Keyboard to Piano Problem

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by swing, Aug 25, 2013.

1. swing

swing Newbie

Hi there. Kwnowing that there´re many FL users here, maybe someone could help me.
    I´m using FL from some time ago. I write/program everything note by note because I don´t own a midi controller and I´ve enough practice now to make things sound as I wanted to pretty fast. I use my PC keyboard to preview sounds and tweak them during the writing process A LOT.
    Today I started FL and the Typing Keyboard to Piano optionn DOESN´T WORK AT ALL.
    I googled the error but there´s not any solution out there for me, neither in the FL manual.
    BTW, in the upper left FL display the notes are shown as they were working properly ("Note on: C4 / velocity 100", for example) but there´s not any sound coming out. I tryed lots of different instruments and nothing.

I tryed this without luck (Google solutions):
    - Press Ctrl + T or turn on the Typing Keyboard to Piano button (I know this option and it is ON but not working :snuffy: )
    - Restart FL / Restart Computer / Reconnect or connect the keyboard in a different port (tested many times)
    - Try different instruments (done)
    - Rescan midi devices (done, but it seems to detect the keyboard anyway...)

Not tested yet, because I don´t want to lose some stuff:
    - Reset the FL Studio settings to their default state
    - Reinstall FL and everything else associated

PLEASE :excl: Help me. I don´t want to waste more time with this. I want to avoid reinstalling, and everything was working great a few days ago. This is frustrating. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

**English is not my mothertongue, sorry for any mistake.

3. Horsemen

Horsemen Member

just use a virtual midi keyboard til you fix the problem

There are a few freeware ones..Google it

You will need something like MIDI YOKE too for it to work in FL Studio

4. swing

swing Newbie

Yes, when I press any keyboard key I see that it should be sounding :dunno:

Attached Files:

5. zumoes

zumoes Newbie

Hi. I installed FL 11 and had the same problem. Had to keep clicking the top bar on the wrapper and then it would let me play through keyboard. I'm not sure what version your using so i don't know if it will be any but i think they have fixed it in a update recently. I'm gonna go back to FL 10, preferred it better. Regards.

6. swing

swing Newbie

Sorry.. What bar on the wrapper? Something in the wrapping settings? This is annoying..
    I´m using FL10 so sadly that´s not any warranty.

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

I get a similar error occasionally, and its that damn adobe flashplayer running in the background and hogging the soundcard.

before opening FL Studio have you checked your Windows Task Manager \ Processes and closed (end Process) any thing (especially flashplayer) that may be using your soundcard. :wink:

8. CaliReign

CaliReign Noisemaker

Does it happen only when using 64Bit VST's? I had/have a problem of No Sound when I would load a 64Bit VST, I would have to click anywhere outside of the VST interface & it would play sound but if I wanted to change patches/tweak knobs/Etc. it would stop workin until I clicked elsewhere. I downloaded/installed there new iL Bridge and Wrapper but still didn't fix the problem. So I only use 32Bit versions of VST's when I'm workin in FL11 because it was frustratin me & completely throwin off my work flow.I'm hopin they hurry up & get their official x64 stable version released to the public. Using only 32Bit VST's eats up resources quickly.

9. zumoes

zumoes Newbie

yeah the bar when you open a plug-in the grey bit at the top, i have to click that all the time. But as you said you have FL10, I've never had a problem so gonna go back to that myself. Sorry couldn't be of any help.

10. urOk

urOk Member

Download LoopMidi it's free software http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

And get free virtual midi piano http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmpk/

Set up everything as suppose to be.

Problem solved :wink:

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

SirSillySausage could be right because I have experienced this myself on occasion because of Adobe (FUCK YOU ADOBE). Try restarting your computer and see if it happens before you run any other programs particularly your web browser.

12. swing

swing Newbie

Hi Sir! I closed everything. I started just FL, without any flashplayer task running or any web browser open, and the problem is still there.
    I don´t know what could be causing this, everything was just right a few days ago.
    Now that I see, the notes are detected as pressed by FL in the upper left display, but none of the instruments that I load are showing the keys as 'pressed' in their own interface. Maybe it´s a bug in the wrapper.
    What other process could be causing this?

Attached Files:

13. swing

swing Newbie

It seems to be a problem with all my VST´s :sad:

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I meant completely shut down the computer, wait for like 10 seconds and hit the power button, boot up and try before running any other software. What version of FL Studio are you running? If I were you I would just bite the bullet and reset the settings, I mean there aren't that many to begin with. You can even take screenshots or write down the data in all the settings fields so you can easily remember how exactly you have everything set.

15. swing

swing Newbie

Well, I finally had to reset FL. I looked for all the posible options around internet but nothing worked.
    It seems to be a wrapper bug. I turned off my pc and launched just FL but nothing happened.
    At least I don´t have to reinstall, there´s a lot of stuff asociated to FL and I´m really busy now to spend a entire day making everything work again.
    Now, with the reset made my keyboard is working, I just have to change and remember some settings now. I will figure out the settings during some music making *yes* .

THANKS A LOT for all your comments :bow:
    This is a GREAT place, there´s a lot of info here that saves me from headaches sometimes from more experienced people.

Greetings.

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It was no bother carl, glad that worked for you. I wish I could have saved you from doing it but really there aren't many settings. If I were you I would just write down your favorite settings or take some screenshots so you don't have to remember everything the way you like it, it could save you some time and headache. Yeah AudioSex is really a great community that you won't find elsewhere, glad you're enjoying your time here. All the best. :mates: