TWO THINGS THAT MUST HAPPEN IN FL

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by filtersweep, May 9, 2019.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

2. filtersweep

just to elucidate a little.
    i was working on a project that was getting towards 3 mins length and i wanted to play it to someone. i opened and tinkered with it to set it up looping and zoom on certain sections i found i accidentally moved all my drum track by minuscule amounts which is impossible to undo even in history. (the undo in FL has always had problems), so i had to go through the track and reposition all instances of those clips. to add to that, i had copies drums three times and so my volume level spiked so then i had to go through then and find out where the doublers were and delete them. it's laborious and a time waste when all i needed was a simple lock function ( as in other daws like reaper and samplitude.
    either that or change the shortcuts so that clips aren't moved by accident if you press shift etc). there are loads of 'free shortcut keys' in fl it baffles me why this can't be a simple improvement for the app.
    generally it's a 'small problem' but really. it shouldn't be a problem on an advanced ( in terms of years at least) piece of software.
    ps. please no posts about mitch mconnell on this board : )
    evil old tosser that he is...

3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

sorry to hear about your struggles filterweep, i like Florida by looking at this image tho :P

[​IMG]

i wish there was a "lock track" in abelton too !
    cant even lock the volume mixer, and accidents DO happend "on the board" and a fader get moved by shere LUCK! :)

4. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

duuhh.... felt like some people didn't know what ya were talking about, so I shared the link, only to point those who didn't, to an explanation of how other DAW's implement the "Part and Event locking"

5. drek111

drek111 Newbie

i can't believe i'm replying to this again. mate, it's in the transport. right next to the magnet. select "line".

not quantize mate. it's called main snap. TURN ON MAIN SNAP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. G String

G String Rock Star

How did you do that? Cursors? But you must have selected "wrong" stuff to have then moved it? It's happened to me by mistake too, but that's because I made a boo-boo. IS there no lock then? Better to have one than not, I suppose. Else just have to take care?

7. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Whutt?:unsure:
    Nuh-uh!

8. filtersweep

there.. is... no LOCK...
    DRek111 : Snap is for snapping notes and clips to time
    It's NOT LOCKING anything.
    ffs