Two million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by johanna, Dec 5, 2013.

1. johanna

johanna Newbie

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/two-million-facebook-gmail-and-twitter-passwords-stolen-by-criminal-gang-4216332/

Two million passwords for social media and email accounts have been released online by hackers, IT security experts have discovered.

The passwords for the compromised accounts are believed to have been collected by a botnet which uses infectious software to take note of the keystrokes of its targets.

Thousands of Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts were hacked with details published online by what are believed to be cyber criminals.

Of the passwords there were 318,000 Facebook, 70,000 Google (including Gmail, Google+ and YouTube), and 60,000 Yahoo accounts – though their age is unknown.

‘We don’t know how many of these details still work,’ security researcher Graham Cluley told the BBC.

3. lukie

lukie Newbie

Not again I'm on the last page of the dictionary were passwords are concerned time for the thesaurus :rofl:

4. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Lordy!!

Hope no one gets any of my personal passwords, last thing I want is the world knowing what an insular, boring bastard I am! :wow:

5. johanna

johanna Newbie

I am only using my cell phone when Google 'calls me' to inform me about my gmail account .... something .. and about password and some security numbers. :rofl: ...Someone tried to hack my account, my friend account was hacked some time ago so, maybe it was it...

6. doktor

doktor Newbie

An intense investigation to identify the hackers responsible for this crime has been launched by the NSA's recruitment department.

7. recycle

recycle Guest

my password is: 1234

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Its impossible for them to steal my passwords.... I'm not on any of those retarded sites. *no*

9. johanna

johanna Newbie

... No gmail too?
    wow!

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I use my own website server (pop3) for mail ... I don't think I know anyone at all that uses Gmail *no*

11. johanna

johanna Newbie

ANd I unfortunately know only ppl that uses gmail, few accounts, even for Paypal! I have three accounts. Is this hard to make, like you? :) Safe & Secure?
    thanks