Two Macs & one major problem! [solved]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Vincent Price, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Hello

I have a Mac mini 2012 and a MacBook Pro 2015 but one major problem.

I have backed up my Cubase projects to my Lacie 2TB hard drive and then copied them to the MacBook Pro. When opening a Cubase project I find that half the instruments are missing

What I mean is for instance, when I select a track with Kontakt on it, I know it should be using the Vintage Telecaster plugin from Native Instruments. Only when I open it up, there is no library loaded.

But yet I can open the same project up on the Mac mini where it came from and the Kontakt library will be there. I have even re-copied the project file to my Lacie Harddrive again and it is still the same on the MacBook Pro.

I am not happy about this

Has anyone else had this happen to them, is it the project itself or is it the MacBook Pro?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  3. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Not being able to see your machines configuration I can't really be sure what is going on.

However...

A project does not save libraries or plugins inside it. You have to have whatever plugins/libraries you use for the project installed on the other machine as well, or have a shared NAS drive that both machines can access equally. (for libraries specifically)

Cubase Backup or Prepare Archive will only collect the user created samples and references to what plugin is used (and any settings within). It is up to the user to convert any tracks to WAV/AIFF to be more portable before doing this.

Otherwise, you will have to install all the same plugins on other machine effectively mirroring the configuration so it will see what it needs.

4. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

I have solved it, it was that as it is a newer Kontakt library it required a newer version of Kontakt.