Two happy hardcore/dance tunes

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Direct link, in case above embed doesn't work
    Not sure how many people are into this stuff; I'll post it anyway just in case. I'm happy about the final result.

Track 1 • Hardcore mix • 3:40, 170 bpm
    I had lots of fun/frustration (the good kind of frustration, the one when you smile and say "ok it was worth it" at the end result) making this. Originally, for the hardstyle kick (or however that's called) I used a sample but I ended up using a synth + two samples. The kick is still mediocre but I didn't want to distort it too much, 'cause I wanted to use it alongside with all the other elements.

Track 2 • Remix • 4:48, 165 bpm
    This one is a bit longer and has "club intros/outro" before the main parts kick in. The bass is made by two parts. No hardstyle kick in here and way less transition fx than the other track. Reminds me a bit about old 90s tracks, even though it's just a big mess and mix of stuff I listen/ed to in my life, so it's hard to define a genre or style to put these in.

cheers

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

:wink:
    One technical note: In the first track there are some weird loundness changes in the bass starting at 02:07.

I like both versions, but the second one a bit more.

Happy hardcore! I remember me and a friend of mine being the only long-haired, beer-drinking, normal-"pupiled" guys in the clubs, jumping and moshing/headbanging around on the dancefloor. That was great fun.

4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

:facepalm:

Thanks a lot. I compressed it without checking the levels *only* on the bass, so I figured "well it might be cause the pitch is changing and it SOUNDS like it's higher in volume but it isn't" well I'm stupid. Noob mistakes :D I just rechecked and the bass is totally out of control when that kick plays! Welp, learnt something new today :) Thanks for listening

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I often experienced that the lowest notes (lowest fifth) of bass have a significant change in loundess. The deepest note is the most lowest and one of the five above is the loudest. I then normally use a static eq to raise the lowest note a bit and a dynamic eq to tame the loudest in that area. ToneBoosters FlX and TDR Nova for instance are good tools for that. This way I could always give them the same perceived loudness.