Twitch, Facebook, YouTube... Is the audio from your stream also being removed??

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Vader, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube are the most popular among us (ok, Twitch is kinda new for DJs). Is there any other platform where you stream your live DJ sets?
    Also, besides OBS (that is completely free) is there any other software that you advise with low latency? I heard about a paid one called vMix and XSplit Broadcaster
    Just to finish...are you streaming and getting copyright issues and getting your sound removed?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  3. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Nobody?
    I created this post more as a question due to audio being removed from the streams, and looking for a working alternative, as Facebook is completely removing audio from everyone and that made me loose followers in YouTube and Facebook.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

YT audio went off some minutes ago probably due to a technical problem. Nothing to worry about, it's already working again.

5. recycle

recycle Guest

comeon @Vader , you cannot freely upload / stream audiovisual material already published, have you never heard of copyright?

6. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

I stream DJ sets for more than 5 years, and only now I got my sound removed. Never had a single problem with YT and only now FB seems to shut down streams by removing the sound. Even in original compositions from people playing instruments live. Because, you know... "Copyright"

7. recycle

recycle Guest

Copyright does exists and the big streaming portals are lately taking it very seriously. A few months ago I use to broadcast a radio 24/7 via youtube live: I was continually obscured for copyright strike: due to frustration I had to switch off. On Youtube it works like this: some artists allow the use of their works as long as they are not monetized, others do not allow any free use. If your project is to open a zero budget webradio with low numbers of followers you can still do it and nobody will notice you, obviously as soon as you reach important numbers of audience you will have to comply with the copyright, otherwise you will also be banned on there.
    for my free streaming I use this service: http://www.caster.fm/

if you're interested this is my feed: http://musicamachina.caster.fm/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020