Tutorial: Making a Mastering Rack v.1 [Download]

Discussion in 'Live' started by JoshuaCasper, Aug 26, 2014.

1. JoshuaCasper

JoshuaCasper Newbie

In this video tutorial we will be making a mastering rack with an emphasis on stereo imaging. If you have ever used iZotope's Ozone hopefully you played with it's awesome stereo imaging module. If not, don't worry. We will be using three of Ableton's EQ 8s to make a 3 band pass filtering system similar to the 4 band pass system in Ozone.

[​IMG]

Watch the tutorial and make your own. Or head here to download the rack and skip the learning!
    http://www.joshuacasper.com/ableton-tutorials/ableton-tutorial-making-a-mastering-rack-free-download/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaXiSlX9L6I

3. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

I figured this out about a year ago and after a lot of tests concluded that you get better results using Ableton's Multiband Dynamics to split the frequencies (although you only get 3 bands). In addition to Mastering, this rack is useful for adding different effects to different bands (e.g. making dubstep basses). Ill uploaded my rack later if anyone is interested.

4. JoshuaCasper

JoshuaCasper Newbie

I have a number of racks up on the site that deal with what you are talking about. Like splitting two bands and only side chaining the sub end. :break: