TUTORIAL: How To Make Lite Versions of KONTAKT Libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by rollerball, Dec 27, 2021.

1. raidmarji

raidmarji Newbie

Really amazing work.
    My question is:
    Some libraries does not work unless you add nicnt file.
    is there any way to make a version of any library not asking for the nicnt to register??

2. Azzarok

Azzarok Noisemaker

Good to know men, thanks, both solutions are good.
    You will laugh if I tell you that I was using a harder solution:
    As I didn't know how to do it like you, I just opened my CMD and used "cd" command to navigate through the folder I wanted.
    That's quite rudimental and funny now that you recommended those easy methods. I'm feeling stupid lmao.

*take note*

3. Azzarok

Azzarok Noisemaker

Hey mate,
    I don't know for all of you, but it's been a looong time since I haven't encounter those issues.
    One thing that I loved with the 6th version of Kontakt, even non-legit, was the glow up of the Manage Library, which allowed you to install a lib either in official way (which made Kontakt search for a NICNT) or select "custom folder" and with this checkbox option I could install every lib that I wanted, NICNT or not.
    Now in 6.6, it's even easier, those option have desappeared but instead Kontakt automatically detect if it's an official or custom folder and treat it depending on the nature of the lib. So I can add an official with NICNT and a lib without NICNT at the same time without problem.

But maybe there's issues that I don't know. Note that I know the issue you're talking about, but just don't encounter them now, since months/years. But I know it, past years it's been upsetting me all those problems with libraries. There was so much different issue when installing a lib, back in the years there was some custom fan-made tools to add libs even when not officials, that was pretty rudimental but did the job. Not for all the libs, you had to lose your mind with some... I know the feeling.

I follow you on one point: Do we still need NICNT files now with the most recent Kontakt ver. ?

Rn I'm keeping DLing thousands of libs but don't really install them for now, I might have some surprises when I'll do it.

4. raidmarji

raidmarji Newbie

I'm sure that we will get a nice surprises :)
    Many thanks
    But even with the latest cracked 6.6.1, some libraries will not load if their nicnt is not added

5. Meric

Meric Member

Not how it works. Non Nicnt libraries must be loaded through the files tab or the quickload feature. Google this to know what it is

The Kontakt library window isn't too useful. I like to use everything through quickload.

6. ertugrul

ertugrul Newbie

please keep the Cinematic Studio Woodwinds slim links on the sister site for a few more days it's unfinished I've been downloading it for 3 days

7. demberto

demberto Rock Star

You need to post this messages there

8. rollerball

rollerball Platinum Record

You should know that the links are taken down by the developers themselves, not by the posters. So this request is not very helpful.

9. toshfox

toshfox Noisemaker

info :
    For the library "8DIO - Liberis Angelic Choir", you may get a "exception in module conNCW.exe at 00015AED." while converting ncw->wav
    it's because few files have accent, "siberis_fx_Frère_Jacques_01_3.ncw" (12 files involved)
    Just replace "è" by "e" the time to convert and once you get the ncw (16 bits) versions, renew as the original.

(i will confirm if kontakt accept that tho when I play the nki requiring these samples)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  10. rollerball

rollerball Platinum Record

Very useful info. Thanks for sharing! That might explain the problems that people have had while performing conversions with conNCW.

11. demberto

demberto Rock Star

@Meric can add a fixup in his code until conNCW dev repairs it

12. Azzarok

Azzarok Noisemaker

Yeah that's very useful.
    Maybe we can automate this step by caution in the future KonTinkerer releases by @Meric
    Just a suggestion but if it's not too complicated to automate a fast case modification, might be a huge "bug fix" for a lot of people in the future of the tool.
    If it's not possible with the native code, maybe we can found an open-source tiny program that does the job to run inside the tool... I don't know.

Also, Meric, I was thinking, if your tool become a huge project, an a big hope for the community, don't you think you'll need some help ? I'm not talking about myself because sadly I know nothing in code, but just saying in general. Maybe you really can handle it alone easily, I don't know your skills and free time, but I just don't want us to put too much pressure on a single person.
    That was just a thought.

Cheers mates.

13. Webminky

Webminky Newbie

OMG I had NO idea, been in tech for donkeys years lol, never to old to learn :)

14. Webminky

Webminky Newbie

Quick question, I have a couple of libraries, that when you do the extract or even double click to view inside, it has a single file in Russian that translates to empty container. It has 0bytes.

I am following to the letter, I have already minified about a half dozen of my libraries so I am confident that it isnt me. It is also only on some libraries.

Any thoughts?

And forgive my manners, thanks to all that had a hand in making this a reality for people :)

15. Meric

Meric Member

You have an outdated version of inNKX. You will need to update it.

16. Webminky

Webminky Newbie

Really? Do you know how hard it was to find the one copy I have lol. I went to the TC add on page and they dont seem to have it, do you have any pointers where I can find it?

Thanks for letting me know.

17. DigitalAge

DigitalAge Kapellmeister

Thanks for your hard work ! :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  18. DigitalAge

DigitalAge Kapellmeister

Just click on file in the folder and choose powershell.
    https://imgur.com/i7n2kIL

19. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Thank you very much for this contribution!
    Now I need your help because I am going crazy.
    I can't get the files from NCW to NKX.
    I've been following all your steps ( even though I don't speak english )

So I have total comander open, and on the left side I have selected the ncvconv folder (where I have all the files already converted) and on the right side I select another folder or the same one, I have tried several ways).

Then when I go to pack, I select the option NKX and when I click ok to convert, it tells me "Error packing files". I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    Any idea?

Edit/Update:I was able to solve it by reinstalling the program, it did not open the .Nkx containers either. I don't know why this happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2022
  20. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

My question is:

For a newbie like me,

How do I make these minified libraries sound "good" again?

As far as I know, close mics are very dry. Does anybody have a couple of suggestions? (I am a newbie so I would need quite specific suggestions :unsure:)