[TUTORIAL] How to convert and use E-mu Emulator sounds

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by ButcherZV, May 31, 2015.

1. ButcherZV

ButcherZV Newbie

On Audioz i saw so much questions about converting and using E-mu libraries inside of your DAW, so i made this tutorial to help people!
    In order to use E-mu Emulator sound libraries in your modern DAW, you will need three things:
    1. Emulator X3
    2. Chicken Systems Translator
    3. Emu emulator library

When you download Emulator X3 you will get, somewhere in install folders, older version of Chicken Systems Translator, that you can use to convert your libraries to format that Emulator X3 can read. Just put your CD with Emulator library or mount it if you have library in ISO image format, then open Translator.

[​IMG]

When you open Translator click on the CD rom with the Emulator library, select all patches (Ctrl + A) and click on Translate. Now select location on your hard drive where you want to store converted patches/samples. I have created one foler where i put all my Emu libraries, so i can easily update Emulator X3 database of libraries.

[​IMG]

After a few minutes your library will be converted to the Emulator X3 format, so now open Emulator X3 and go to File -> Update library, click on "Add location" and add location where your converted libraries are stored. Check your folder on the list and click on "Update libraries". Now Emulator X3 will scan that foler (it can take some time) and when it's finished, now you can use Emu Emulator libraries inside of your DAW!!!

[​IMG]

I don't know will ProteusVX (freeware counterpart of Emulator X3) load this libraries, maybe you can try it, and tell me results!

PS: Sorry for possible grammar mistakes, English is not my first language :D

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That's great man. Thanks a lot for putting this together. Much appreciated. [​IMG]

4. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

So what's the final extension we're gonna get from this method?

5. ButcherZV

ButcherZV Newbie

It's .exb

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Thanks for the tip.

7. unamigo

unamigo Newbie

I bought the Emulator X3 two years ago but I have a problem on using it...the problem is that when I use it with Cubase 5 for example I can´t recall a specific sound for a specific channel. For example I´ve been working with a sound in channel 5 and then I want it to be linked to that channel so that when I reload the song (the next day...) it is exactly where it was... Of course I´ve saved it properly but I don´t know how to make those changes permanent and I have to set up everything again after loading the song. It´s a pity I couldn´t solve this problem because the sounds and the software are great...I don´t know if using another software such as Sonar could solve the problem...