Tupac / Outlawz hip hop beat

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by keeron, Jan 2, 2012.

1. keeron

keeron Newbie

http://soundcloud.com/ivbeatzsetz/iv-outlawz-clip

A BEAT I Made, i listened to it for a while and it reminded me of a tupac / outlawz beat..

PEACE

FEEDBACK ALWAYS WELCOME

3. bennib

bennib Newbie

Not my Kind of music.
    But First try to clean up your hole Mix.
    Dont be shy to put some low Cuts... In your Signals.
    Sometimes less is more .

4. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

I'm really not trying to be a c@#k by leaving all negative comments on your beats. I think you have a good artistic style, but your mixing needs a lot of help. The soul of any mix is in the mids, all of your mixes lack them. And even though the loudest mix wins in today's market, there are ways to get it done without perceived distortion. I recommend you watch Pensado's Place, get on Gearslutz, read some mixing books "Mixing With The Mind" "Behind The Glass" ect ect. Also A/B your mixes with some of your all time favorite songs & some current chart toppers with a frequency analyzer. No 2 mixes will look the same on a freq analyzer, but they should look similar, especially if they're both songs within the same genre, period, & style. Good luck dude. Mixing is something that takes thousands of hours to get really good at. Keep at it!!! Get back at me if you have any questions.

5. keeron

keeron Newbie

OK THANKS BRO CHECK MY BEATS IM GOING TO UPLOAD NOW IN A SEC PEACE

6. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

I forgot to warn about using the freq analyzer. It was kind of a dangerous comment. Only check it for general reference. Never use it as a set in stone rule. Once you find out what freq range you tend to miss (this could be due to your room & monitoring tools - not just you!!) then turn it OFF!! Mix with your ears. Go with your gut. Mix in bursts (30 min - 1 hr) then take a break. Get your mind away from mixing for a few. Set a time when you need to be finished & commit!! With today's tools analysis paralysis can kill a mix. Setting a deadline will make you work more efficient & listen more critically!! But dont take my word for it. Check this clip out. Peace!