trying to upload tracks every other day

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by royalcolours, Dec 8, 2013.

1. royalcolours

royalcolours Newbie

3. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Quantity does not always make for quality. Just saying.... If you can do that, I admire your talent and skills. Or, like Prince, for every hour of music you release, you already have 200 hours of other stuff you have not released in the "vault"? I am lucky if one out of 20 ideas sticks, and even then, on a couple tracks, I wish I had waited for a while before I released the mix that I made. Would have mixed, EQed, and highlighted things little differently, upon further listening. I get impatient when I don't get traffic on my sites, and new songs will usually generate more traffic, but I think listeners would be overloaded at a point somewhere. Could I remix or redo the ones I am not satisfied with? Yeah, but with this tech you have to let go and move on sometime. And my nature is to rarely be satisfied anyway, but a couple times.....should of held on a little longer. I listened to this track twice on AT headphones (late?early?neighbors). If it doesn't make me want to dance, sing along, or close my eyes and just listen, then it must not be my thing. Particularly music made with machinery, but that is my personal taste. I like machinery, it's just hard to give it soul, or make it do something I have not heard before. This track seems very compressed. very little dynamics, which I could tell ahead of time by looking at the WAVE file. And the stereo image and depth of field just doesn't let anything sparkle.---Peace :mates:

4. royalcolours

royalcolours Newbie

Algae, i actually completely agree with you dude. only reason why i want to release tracks soon after another is to finally get recognition out there. i have a ton of ideas that never stop expanding once i start them, and i need to get them out lol im in love with producing music

i had a feeling something was wrong when i saw the wave file :unsure: i went commercial and started throwing in all these waves plugins thinking it was sounding better but hey you live and learn. what i need to do is start comparing my tracks to professional ones! i never do it, i get stubborn and cocky and always want to do it my way *no*