Trying to install Omnisphere 2.6 (The Pirate) - Am I doing it wrong?

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Maysha, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Maysha

Maysha Noisemaker

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my very first post, so I apologize in case this is not the right section to post about that or else.

I'm trying to install Omnisphere 2.6 by The Pirate and I was wondering if I'm doing it correctly; I'm following the step by step guide in the notepad provided and I've extracted the Part 1 into another folder, it took some time then I've extracted as well the ISO and it took 5 hours. Thinking I was done, I waited until the ISO extraction got to 99% and then WinRar asked me to locate a Part02.rar, which now I'm extracting in the same folder in order to continue the installation. Do I have to do this for all the last 14 parts remaining, for a total of 70+ hours??
    I'm not super experienced in complex (at least for me) installations so I'm afraid I'm making a mess.. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I'm on Windows 10 and my DAW is Reaper, in case someone asks.

Thanks in advance.

3. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

upload_2020-6-29_4-34-12.png extract the first .7z from each part you will get another compressed file collect the fifteen extracted files in one folder and extract them again you will get your iso , 5 hours is too long there is something wrong

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Maysha

Maysha Noisemaker

Thanks both of you for the help!

6. blackmoon

blackmoon Kapellmeister

Hey, also, this is some general info for you but not necessarily related to this install. Make sure you follow Pirate's instruction for this.

In case you are new to Winrar, once you have all 15 parts extracted (individually) put them in all in a "new folder" that you create on your desktop or wherever.

Right click the very first one "part1" and it'll find the rest automatically. Don't select all 15 rar's and try to extract. Select part1 only, right click, extract to... either "extract here" or "extract to (the name of the rar file). It'll create a folder with all of the files. in an individual folder.

Once you get your ISO you can right click it in Win10 and select "mount" at the top of that window. Select them all and right click "mount" then start installing. Once done, right click the virtual drives and select "eject" to remove em'!

Hope this helps a bit.

7. Maysha

Maysha Noisemaker

Thanks for the heads up man, The Pirate has been kind to babysit me over TeamSpeak so I guess I'll be fine.

8. blackmoon

blackmoon Kapellmeister