Trying to get Edirol Orchestral to work in Windows 10 x64

Discussion in 'Software' started by ghostwriter, Jan 16, 2021.

1. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

Hello,
    Edirol Orchestral is probably the orchestral instrument I miss the most. It's light, it sounds good (much better that Garritan) and it's perfect for quick mockups, or for getting a good sound straight from your notation software.
    Problem is, I can't get this thing to work on Windows 10 x64. I tried various installers and the program refuses to open inside the DAW.
    Has anyone tried getting it to work and can enlighten me on the process?

Thanks,

3. reFX NEXUS3

reFX NEXUS3 Member

Best Answer
    I have it installed on Windows 10 64 bit. But this plugin is only available in 32 bit since it is quite old, so to you'll either need to use a DAW that supports bridging (e.g. FL Studio) or if your DAW doesn't you'll have to install a 3rd party bridging plugin (e.g. jBridge). I however did not have to bridge it, I just installed it normally and it works for me in cracked FL Studio 20.5, Win 10 64 bit. The only bug I face is that presets do not save with projects. For example if I use a pizzicato pluck preset in a project and I save the project when I reopen the project later the plugin's selected preset is blank. Let me know if you also face this issue or not.

Long story short, look into finding a bridging plugin if your DAW doesn't have a bridger implemented or if your DAW is a 64 bit host since Edirol Orchestral is 32 bit.

I got the installer from RuTracker if that helps.

EDIT: After doing some research it seems that this plugin was never properly cracked and there are several different cracks by many different groups (ASSiGN, R2R, TALiO, ArCTiC). The one I installed is by TALiO - "Edirol - HQ Orchestral 1.03 VSTi.DXi [22.07.2004]" from RuTracker. This the only one on RuTracker that includes VSTi and not DXi. The one on AudioZ is by ASSiGN also check the comments there for the ArCTiC release. From what I've read each one has it's flaws. Just try which one works for you. The RuTracker TALiO one works fine for me though besides presets returning to default. I could not find the R2R one, I read that it is one of those internal ones - "R2R-INTERNAL".

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

Thank you! This worked perfectly!!
    I had to use jbridge, but it worked!!
    :):):):wink::wink::wink:
    Thanks a lot!

EDIT: It's buggier than before haha. oh man. I need to test it more.
    EDIT2: Checking a few things in the jbridge settings fixes a lot of the bugs. As for presets not being saved with the project, it's a bug that's been happening for a long time. The best thing you can do is save your "performance" file inside the plugin then load it when your project loads.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  5. reFX NEXUS3

reFX NEXUS3 Member

Thanks also one could rename the Track/ Pattern where they've used the plugin to the preset name used. Most DAWs also include Notepads so it could be noted there within the project.