Trying to Extract one Kontakt Library to Wav

Discussion in 'Software' started by pcs901, Mar 4, 2020.

1. pcs901

pcs901 Member

Ok, I've had these requests in the past a while back and some great people here helped me. Now I have one more. I'm wanting to extract the .wav samples from NI Abbey Road Modern Drummer (minus room mics! just close and overheads if possible) to .wav samples. I can load the .nkx archives into InNKX but the samples are compressed to ncw, and while I know Kontakt will extract ncw files this function is not accessible for blind users like myself.

Anyone here who is willing to convert the ncw files to wav and upload?

3. pcs901

pcs901 Member

I don't have access to any of that, as far as I can tell most of Kontakt is completely inaccessible without one of their keyboard controllers. Most everything on the screen is in picture form so I cannot read it with my screen reader. I would love a standalone app for converting these but I don't think that'll ever happen since most who need it just convert within Kontakt.

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Sorry I can't help, but re. aspects of Kontakt being "completely inaccessible without one of their keyboard controllers"; no.

5. pcs901

pcs901 Member

If you can elaborate on this I'm all ears! So far I have no luck with it. I've discussed this with several other blind musicians and was told the same; certain parts of Kontakt were useable before, and others not. None of them knew how to perform the task I am wanting.

6. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I don´t know if there is a previous version of library not still converted to ncw. But yes you can drag and drop ncw files from left to right. Create a folder outside library and drag and drog files from left to right side in Total Commander. Only made this as an example. But from ncw to wav also can´t help. I never did.

[​IMG]

7. Polomo

Polomo Guest

They are normally password saved so bad chances here
    There is always the manual method

Play one note in your DAW in one Velocity export the sound (this would take thousands of hour in work for complete Kontakt or even one libary)
    Would be illegal in the ABG of NI (but who cares anyway )

If someone wrote a script this can be faster but still takes a lot of time

And if someone got a better idea

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2020
  8. Smoove Grooves

There was some software for doing what they called 'cloning' a synth/lib etc, which did exactly that for you.
    Can't remember what it was called though...

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Smoove Grooves

Well, you tell me what things you have no access to in Kontakt, which are only doable with their keys controller, and I'll tell you if you are correct. Because I have no idea what features you mean.

11. tun

tun Rock Star

12. Smoove Grooves

Now I'm curious! Please elaborate! I've been using Kontakt for 16 years, but strangely wasn't forced to go and purchase an NI controller when they eventually came around.
    And if you think that of all the thousands of members on this site that use Kontakt all have an NI controller, well...

13. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

Kontakt unlocked make it.

save as + export samples, compressed files unticked.

update your controler from Ni Support drivers.

14. rah

rah Ultrasonic

15. pcs901

pcs901 Member

Now I understand the confusion here. I thought I had made this clear but my apologies as it appears I did not.

When I say things are not accessible, I am talking about from the perspective of a user who is blind. Of course anyone who can see has all the features of Kontakt! I am blind, I have a program which reads the text on the computer screen to me. Kontakt's interface is very graphical and so it has a lot of trouble. There is some OCR that can be done, but most blind musicians with Kontakt are using one of their KK keyboards, because the direct interface of Kontakt is, yes, mostly inaccessible. Furthermore the KK keyboards don't let you extract ncw's from their control surfaces either so I was told, so even buying one of those to do this with some libraries is not an option.

So, if you are blind and have been using Kontakt for 16 years with a screen reader, and have a way for me to extract the samples, I am all ears. I do not have access to a file browser, or any buttons, from my perspective it is all blank.

And unfortunately, there is not a sighted person here who can help me do this, otherwise I would just ask them to click a few buttons and extract the samples for me. That would be awesome but it's a no-go at the moment.

I hope that explains things a bit better, again sorry for the confusion.

16. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

pcs901 - well done my friend for keeping on pushing towards your chosen art.

You can extract wav from kontakt libraries, with cracked kontakt.
    I dont know if native instruments ones are locked? dont think so

If you can explain why you need the samples extracted, and really just cant get them extracted yourself i will get it done for you.

17. pcs901

pcs901 Member

Certainly. I have a hardware percussion module that I want to load some of these samples into. It supports up to 127 samples per pad, so it is basically a software drum instrument in a tiny box, no computer needed. I have recorded many multisamples on my own (over 30 cymbals alone) from my own and friends' acoustic gear, but this library has some sounds I am looking for that I don't have access to, particularly the various FX cymbals, splash on snare, different snares etc. The only thing I can do is extract the .nkx's. But I use InNKX for that. InNKX can't do ncw's, otherwise I'd be all set.

18. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Tried it. not working with Kontakt 5.5 ked full

A lot of errors and nothing else

And in Legal 6.2.2 as well. (But this was high likely in the beginning :winker:) Just for the lol´s
    Option is only grayed out

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2020
  19. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

Best Answer
    pcs901 - I have the files extracted for you buddy. please check your PMs:mates:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. pcs901

pcs901 Member

Thank you very much! My inbox is still empty for now, but I will let you know when I receive and download.

21. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

Uploading... Its 30,000 samples and 11GB even with the ambient mics deleted. 5GB zipped

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List