Trying to emulate Clockwork orange sound (Wendy Carlos)

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by nikon, Nov 24, 2013.

1. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Hello everyone,

I make two videos in which I playing with Live & NI Massive and trying to emulate sound of Clockwork orange theme by Wendy/Walter Carlos. It's Purcell's Furneal for Queen Mary theme.

Midi file with melody and chords I found on net. It's not the best, but it can help.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9blKXskW8kU&feature=youtu.be

( there is a little mistake (joke) at the very begining of video, sound from Massive just disapear and after 2 minutes I finally figure out why, I don't know how ?!??? but I disable Massive AU device at 1:47 min :) )

SO PLEASE SKIP VIDEO FROM 2:00 to 5:00 !

In part 1: making the patch in massive + adding ableton fx rack with reverb + eq + saturator + glue comp )

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvzCnGcePE&feature=youtu.be

... still working on sound, playing with vocoder + extra chorus and flanger.

The overall sound begin to sound almost like original when I play with CUTOFF and RES macros

3. davea

davea Platinum Record

Nice work mate .

Could be nice too, to share this liveset ;-)

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I cant wait to listen to this later. Clockwork Orange has my favourite soundtrack of any film. thanks for sharing, Ill be back.

5. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Hi everybody,
    The soundtrack by Wendy Carlos has always been one of my favorites, to the point that at the beginning of this year, I decided to release a virtual EP - Soundtracks for Wendy - with some songs inspired by Wendy's synth sounds, and two remixes of tracks from a Clockwork and The Shining soundtracks as a tribute.

The EP is hosted at Reverbnation (Celso BJ is the artist), if you happen to be interested in listening.

See you!