Trying out the Fake Soft-eLicencer screwed up my elicencer bad. Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rayth69, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Rayth69

Rayth69 Noisemaker

I've tried installing the absolute bundle, which didn't work (just removed my soft elicencer), so I tried uninstalling it and returning to normal... but I can't fix this. I tried:
    - uninstalling/reinstalling (using admin rights or not)
    -using elicencer helper to force a new soft elic container - installation failed
    - uninstalling and deleting all elicencer files manually, reinstalling... not working

The issue i get is trying to run the cubase 11 demo (i got the trial key and I own cubase 9 and have usb elicencer): I keep getting the error: the currently installed version of elicencer control center is too old.

Whatever this "crack" did, I can't seem to undo it whatever I try. And I can't just reinstall windows, as this is a 2 week job for me with all the plugins/software to install and configure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Anyone know where to start? What does this Fake Soft-eLicencer actually do to the system?

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

its why you should always make a backup of your system, i do this every week to be safe

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Rayth69

Rayth69 Noisemaker

Feel better now?
    Thanks for the "help". And FYI i do backup my system, but this problem was only revealed months after I tried the fake elicencer, as cubase worked fine. It's only while trying to activate cubase 11 trial that I found out this was an issue. And I only keep the last 90 days old system backup for obvious reasons: drive space.

If you have anything actually useful to add, I'd love to hear it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. imposter

imposter Member

uninstall e liceinser
    reg edit : find : SynsoNos Synsopos Synsoacc delete them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

You need to go into ProgramData Syncrosoft and move the .sel file out of the folder

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

Delete everything related to Synchrosoft from AppData, Programdata folders and regestry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Rayth69

Rayth69 Noisemaker

Thanks guys. I'll try this out when I get home

9. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

If I download anything from SDA or update the ELC, I simply put the .sel on my desktop, do what I need to, then close ELC and then put it back.

10. mrzackzadek

mrzackzadek Newbie

Can anybody help trying to get the cracked Soft-eLicenser to work? (On Big Sur for reference)

No matter what I do, the cracked Soft-eLicenser installation process fails, and all it does is leave me with a broken Synsopsos file and all of the Steinberg stuff will no longer open.

Tried codesigning the installer, chmod 777 and 775 the installer, removing quarantine, even disabling SIP. Nothing will get this installer to complete so the licenses are there!

Pleasssee - anybody have the fix???

11. Rayth69

Rayth69 Noisemaker

For some reason it doesn't work at all for a small number of us. Same issue here; All this fake soft elicencer does is make my elicence container dissapear, and make it impossible for me to return the container short of reinstalling windows.. and I really have tried EVERYTHING, EVERY LAST THING ANYONE HAS EVER SUGGESTED. Steinberg, or a random person on the internet considering this issue. Nothing works. After months of trying, I finally gave up. If you ever get this to work, please let me know.