Trumix AR5 and AR7 studio monitor speakers

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Bunford, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Has anyone tried these? They sell these at PMT in the UK and it's only £200 odd for a pair of the 7" AR7 ones, which seem a bargain if any good!

164691-TruMix-AR7-Pair-Crop-1.jpg 164678-TruMix-AR7-Studio-Monitor-3_3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  3. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Never heard of these, there's nothing online about them except odd videos from some retailer trying to sell them, seems like a one of those Chinese OEM's products made for that store brand, they only exist in UK and in that store.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

It'll be PMT (Professional Music Technology). They are one of UKs biggest music chain stores and have stores in all main cities etc. I was looking at these in their Cardiff store and they looking well built, but I was in a rush so had no chance to listen to them. They had the AR7 ones for £99 each there, which seem a bargain if any good, especially for small home atydio type rooms as they were front bass ported too.

5. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Yeah, Thomann got their brand too, seems like that's the trend now, there's Chinese OEM's that do these kind of stuff cheap and guess it shouldn't all that render useless, it's not like others in that price range use anything different, most are made in China or parts are scored from there, plenty even look a like. But than again, some tuning is done, even if they share similar parts, dunno brother, price difference between something that is tested and measured by public, against something unknown, isn't that big. I found you listing for Fluid's like mine, I seriously doubt you will find anything better than that for 200 bucks, 8" coaxial speaker that is fairly known in the circles, by the company that is not that unknown and have experience in making cheap and expensive monitors. If you find anything better, please let me know, I'm sucker for good deals.