True even after 100 years

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ULX, Jul 23, 2024 at 12:33 AM.

1. ULX

ULX Member

Can you say a sentence that you are sure will be true after 100 years? I don't know such thing but If you know, could you please tell me? And if you are interested, explain more. Thanks!

3. palepools

palepools Newbie

the love of money is the root of ALL evil

4. Smeghead

Smeghead Kapellmeister

The sun rises in the east. The speed of light in vacuum is a constant. The square root of negative 1 is an imaginary number. Your snare sucks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

what do you mean exactly ?
    prediction of certain developments ?

6. InfinityLoop

InfinityLoop Newbie

If you are thirsty, you need to drink fluids.

7. ULX

ULX Member

This is true at present, but what if the earth does not revolve around the sun in 100 years? What if the sun is swallowed by a big black hole? What if the sun's energy runs out earlier than expected?
    Meanwhile, we defined east and west based on the number of eyes on the head or two hands on our body. What if in 50 years there are 20 eyes on human heads? If our genetics change and we have 10 hands instead of two, then the concept of East and West will not be based on what we have defined.
    The speed of light is determined based on experience, and if you look closely at the experiences that humans have made over the centuries, you will realize that all these measurements are based on existing tools and these tools are never the final tools.
    This example is a mathematical example. Mathematics is true based on the current human understanding. If human nature and understanding change, mathematical concepts may also change.

8. ULX

ULX Member

It is true now, but what if the human surviving mechanism changes so that it doesn't need H2O molecules at all?

9. Smeghead

Smeghead Kapellmeister

What if unicorns suddenly appear and start shitting nuclear fire? It still doesn't change basic tenants of physics. Some things are objective. I have a deep disagreement with your concept of math as well but I'm in no mood for a debate. This is not the thread for me, cheers! :wink:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024 at 1:43 AM
  10. Smeghead

Smeghead Kapellmeister

(Did you know the state legislature of Kansas once tried to pass a law rounding pi to an even 3.14? Good thing it didn't pass, none of the tires in the state would have been round anymore.)