Troubles in adding Kotakt libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Dellio, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Dellio

Dellio Newbie

Hi all, I'm having a really frustrating issue with adding libraries to Kontakt. I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their time in reading this.

A few info:
    - Version of Logic X: 10.5.0
    - Version of Kontakt: 6.2.1 (and 5.6.6 version file included for adding libraries)
    - My OS: Mojave, 10.14.6
    - I'm not using Native Access to install them

Problem: When I opened the version 5.6.6 of Kontakt and added the Library, I could see it. So i closed the app, opened Logic with my latest version of Kontakt, but the library is not visible. If I open back Kontakt 5.6.6, the library is disappeared also from there.
    When I try to add it again, Kontakt 5.6.6 crashes.

Fixing attempts:
    - I unistalled Native instrument, I think correctly, both using "App Cleaner & Unistaller", both following this guide (the manual removal): https://support.native-instruments....tive-Instruments-Software-from-a-Mac-Computer and reinstalled everything, repeating the whole procedure.
    - I wanted to try the method of changing the SNIP number, but when I go Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center, the folder is empty, except for a single file, "pal.db".
    - I tried to add the library through an older version of Kontakt, 5.0. When I add the library, it tells me that "Library already exists within the Kontakt library tab". I want to specify that I can see the .plist file in the Preferences folder.
    - I tried to load the file manually in Kontakt, through the tab File, but I get the message "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed".

I am really desperate! I don't know what to do anymore.

The library folder is stored in Users/Shared and contains the following items (just to exclude is not a problem with missing files).
    - Documentation (folder)
    - Instruments (folder)
    - Library.nkc
    - Library.nkr
    - Library.nicnt
    - Samples (folder)

Thanks in advance for your support!
    Ale.

3. Dellio

Dellio Newbie

A quick update, I don't know how but I am able to see now the library in my latest Kontakt version, and in an actual Logic Project open.

But when I double click on the .nki file I get the error "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed".
    I can't change the SNIP number as my Service Center folder is empty, as mentioned above.

4. 3typen

3typen Member

- try k5.6.0 instead of k5.6.6 it seems to be more stable
    - install Librarys only with the k5.6 application
    - did you have the xml maybe in HARDDISK/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center instead of Username/Library /Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center ?

5. Dellio

Dellio Newbie

Thanks a lot for your time/answer 3typen,

I think the problem was related to the library itself, as I was able to install another library which made the work for what I needed to do (strings).

Thanks again for your time.

6. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

app for adding libraries