Trouble with split zip decompression. Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by MokuseiFolf13, Jan 13, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Basically I've downloaded all the parts of TRAZOR's distribution of Arturia Analogue for Mac, version 5.6.1, however I've ran into a major road block in using the synth. Basically I am not able to extract anything from the parts (Finder screenshot will be provided), save for the .z01 file, only giving me an incomplete installation package. Upon trying to open the zip file spits the "xxx isn't a supported file format", and using other extractors (Keka, The Unarchiver, etc.) doesn't fair much better. Not to mention the other parts are seemingly unrecognisable to the system given that they're not marked with the zip icon like the .z01 file. This isn't an isolated incident either as one other person had somehow remedied the issue, but had forgotten for the time being. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your responses!

Attached Files:

3. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

5. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

dunno the exact release but why don't you type the password?
    upload_2023-1-13_19-19-34.png
    just to remove the pic ...

6. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

That's the one, but I punched it in multiple times but it wouldn't budge. Someone had to've screwed the pooch hard on this one. It could be me but even then it's been such a hassle to get this thing to extract

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

There is nothing wrong with the files in that release : Arturia.Analog.Lab.V.v5.6.1.macOS-TRAZOR

The issue is on your end with the files you have downloaded. Also, the V9 collection posted today contains version 5.6.3 in it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  8. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

The problem is that 7zip can extract the files almost fine. I don't understand why is there an error telling me that "Arturia_Analog_Lab_V_v5.6.1_macOS-TRAZOR.z06" is missing, and the resulting installer is broken/incomplete.

9. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

I've just seen your edit. Thank you for letting me know that.

10. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have run into valid, working archives which could not be opened by Keka, or The Unarchiver. But never both of them on the same files.
    The problem is a bad or incomplete download every time, for whatever cause. Since there is already an updated version released, it's even easier.

12. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

I appreciate it! May you have a God blessed day.

13. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Update: As it turns out, even the "not being able to enter synths via Analogue Lab" issue persists to the latest release, even after wiping all instances of AL before installing this one. I am losing brain cells trying to get this to work XD

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

You need every file within the archive to extract it, whichever release you use. I do not see .z06 in your first screenshot.

Here is something to note. After you successfully extract things, sometimes you will get errors when you run a Mac .pkg or .dmg installer which say "The installer is damaged", or broken, or corrupt. Those error messages are/can be bogus information.

You need to Codesign the file, or you need to correct the permissions using either BatChmod or Permissions Reset 2.

If you have 2 separate releases with the same issue, you have something else going on. I would update both Keka and the Unarchiver if you are sure you have all the needed files for extracting them. If the synths are not installed correctly on their own, they will also not fully work in analog lab.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  15. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Makes sense... Even if I happened to rename the extension to .z06 (Yes, it'd be as futile as renaming a jpg into a png, it'd simply be a name change and not some magical conversion), it then asks for that particular zip file. If I force it to decompress it spits out a 1GB (partial) .pkg file instead of a whole one. It's like a lump in a carpet, you jump one side of the carpet to flatten the lump, but it only slinks to the other side. This is what the TRAZOR release offers (I've already tried the MORiA release, and no it wouldn't let me edit presets), and without author made instructions it all proves just terribly unintuitive. I used all kinds of leechers (I'm poor, but I've done both RG and Katfile), and they give me the same files. I'm all out of ideas xd