Trouble with Kontakt - Appreciate some tips

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nirurin, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Nirurin

Nirurin Newbie

Hey there everyone, long time lurker who finally has an issue that wasn't solved via searching (though maybe I'm just failing to find the right solution!).

I have installed the AUDiTOR Kontakt 5.7.3 player, which I had heard was fully working from some threads on here, which is why I skipped the older advice of the 5.6.6 player install.

I have managed to download and install an Alicia Keys library and it worked and installed fine, no problems. However that library had a bunch of files in it, which I assume is why I'm having problems with these -other- libraries!

So I have a couple other libraries, Grandeur and Super Audio Cart, which have only a single file in them - and .NKX file.

If I try and install as a library, Kontakt simply throws up a 'no library found' error. I can navigate into the library folder via the Files browser, which seems to open up the .nkx file and shows all the individual samples within... but doesn't seem to want to let me install or access the library.

Is there a way to get these installed as libraries, in the same way as Alicia did? Would I need a different download, or am I missing necessary files?

Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction :)

3. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

Hey @Nirurin, I have a post elsewhere entitled "No issues with Kontakt 5.7.3", or similar, not meaning I'm an expert in any sense. I thought I'd have a look for you so I downloaded The Grandeur minutes ago & installed straight away. It shows up fine and plays, no hiccups. However I must point out my install created a "The Grandeur.nicnt" file so I'm wondering if perhaps this went missing from yours? This is what's in there:

GrandeurLibrary.png

Again I am certainly no expert, perhaps even the inverse of it, but if sending you the .nicnt file helps here, let me know.

4. Nirurin

Nirurin Newbie

I went through a bunch of hassle, reinstalling the kontakt with a version from a link here (and the 'sister site') to no avail, due to the sister site's links being broken on the updated version. Took a couple hours trying different things. Most of today on and off.

End result = basically what you said. There was a file missing from the library. Managed to find a different copy of Super Audio Cart which had a different fileset, and now it works in the original Kontakt I installed. Go figure lol.

Can't current find a working copy of Grandeur or The Giant to test though, but I think I have it sorted at last. Thanks for the thinking, it turned out to be pretty much spot on!

5. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

Happy