Trouble Opening Older Projects with Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by acatnamedharmony, Aug 26, 2020.

1. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

I've been scratching my head all morning but here it goes. I finally bit the bullet after more than a year of apprehension and upgraded to 6 (Using 6.3.1 r4e version) and to be honest it works great. However, I've started working up my courage to sift through my old FL Studio projects and every time I tried opening a project that was using Kontakt 5 it will tell me that it's missing the library, even though it totally shows up in Kontakt's database on the left. I got bored and tried renaming the Kontakt 6's dll file ( from "Kontakt.dll" to "Kontakt 5.dll" just to see what would happen and even though Kontakt 6 opened up it couldn't find the libraries in its database, then when I try opening them in there it says they aren't registered. I have tried the add libraries utility in the release to no avail.

I checked the service center folder in common files to see if the "missing libraries" had .xml files and the libraries that are "missing" don't contain .xml files so I have narrowed it down that far. The last version of Kontakt 5 I was using was the 5.6.5 R2R release.

Would be grateful for any help you could give =)

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

So you were using Kontakt 5 in the older projects.
    You'd have to go in to the old projects and change all the Kontakt 5 instrumental parts to instances of Kontakt 6.
    Afaik, this is not a problem but how it is.

4. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

Lol, even I know that. Sorry if I was unclear... What I"m saying is that I have the Kontakt 5 (v5.6.5 r2r) installed already and it's not opening old projects and saying that I don't have said library installed even though when I open Kontakt 5 it's listed in the instruments.

I was just messing with renaming the .dll files cause FL sometimes will let you get away with that with other plugins, renaming the .dll to trick into thinking it's using an older version.

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I understood what you were saying. (I think you've mistakenly written 5 instead of 6 in your last comment?)
    I don't know what else to suggest, sorry.
    And to be honest, I'm scratching my head now too!